1. SSJCalis

SSJCalis New Member

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SSJCalis, Sep 28, 2015.

Well, I suppose greetings are in order. I'm one of those slack, put it on the back-burner, writers :) I have been writing for a while, but life and work just kept creeping in. I had a friend tell me that I should be doing more with it. So, my first step is to get my finger back on the pulse and get my mojo back.
    Now, here I am.

Also, I'm another Aussie living up in North Qld.

Cheers.

2. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

Welcome. :) What kind of thing do you like to write?

3. SSJCalis

SSJCalis New Member

Initially, a lot of medieval fantasy (but liked challenging the genre. Have a prophecy which is wrong, have the good guys do bad things (which isn't really challenging the genre any more :), kill of characters for getting themselves into stupid situations :)) But have started playing with more modern settings dealing with social issues and the various perspectives in society. Also at the moment tend to just do short stories - I need to develop the stamina to write bigger and also my ideas don't seem to be as inspired or intricate as they used to be. Hopefully this place helps.
    Overall, I think my most fun is writing fantasy stuff - I like the freedom to mess with everything and the challenge of still making it believable.

Tenderiser likes this.
  4. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

You'll fit in well here; most of the regulars are fantasy writers. I like how you're turning the tropes on their heads. I look forward to seeing your writing in the workshop one day :)