1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Marc's Bar and Grill

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kingtype, Dec 10, 2012.

Marc's Bar and Grill

Mark's Bar and Grill is massive dimensional bar. There is one is every RP universe in some way or another. But the ones that exist in these universes are the entire same one. The bar itself is located at the center of the multiverse. This is a place where all RP characters can come to drink, fight, love, pull pranks, troll, tell stories and everything in between. All RP characters from all universes are welcomed. They have every type of food and drink that any man, women or beast could want. The bar is owned by mysterious man named Marc, the only man to have ever seen his face is The Bartender. The Bar itself is huge. It’s constantly changing size and shape. The bar is actually large enough to hold any size of beast. The designs are so complex understanding them would be an instant lobotomy.

Gameplay

This is a free RP. So we aren't using stuff like turn based on combat or level systems. You don't have to stay in the bar, but you are required to start off with your character in their home world walking into the bar for whatever reason. After that it’s up to you what you want to do. You can do everything from interact with other players or sit down and order some drink and food. If a bar fight breaks out between two patrons you will be asked to take it outside, in the alley. The alley itself looks like any normal alleyway outside a bar. But in truth it is actually a sub dimension designed specifically for combat purposes. It was created

Story

There isn't much of a story to start off. You are free to do what you like. You can tell a compelling story if you like or your character can just sit around and make fun or trouble at the bar. Now don't get me wrong I actually have some plot ideas. But most of all this do what you want RP.

Rules

Do not control others characters!

GM's word is law and cannot be broken!

No God modding!

Dialogue from other characters should be put in BOLD type!

Please feel free to make suggestions to the GM!

Keep OOC in the discussion!

Your templates need to be approved in the discussion!

You are only allowed to use RP characters you have in other RP's or your own writing!

No auto hitting! (This means you must give other player characters a chance to react to your attack.)
    EXAMPLES
    1: Jeff pulls his sword out and cuts off Luke’s head. (That is not allowed)
    2: Jeff pulls out his sword and attempts to cut off Luke’s head. (As you see here Luke has a chance to react. Now remember you cannot constantly avoid taking hits by blocking or dodging, which would be God modding.

Obviously be nice and respectful in the OCC and all that jazz!

Feel free to have as many characters as you want, the more customers the better!

Most of all have fun!

Character Template

Name:

Appearance:

BIO: (Optional)

Skills/Powers/Weapons:

Home world:

Personality:

Miscellaneous info:

Dexter sat on a bar stool partly buzzed. His trench coat was torn and muddied. His blonde hair was dripping from the rain outside and his blue eyes tired but aware. He had just gotten in the bar a few minutes ago and he was already on his fourth shot glass, but for good reason. This particular bar always tended to give him headaches. It always had the most colorful patrons but I guess that's unavoidable when you’re inviting everyone short of God, Zeus and Odin to drink. He normally disliked most people that he saw there on a regular basis, the one most obvious one being The Bartender himself. The guy was weird even to someone like Dexter who happened to be a professional demon slayer. The Bartender was a tall man at least 6/9, he was slightly balding at the top of his head but his hair was jet black. He had a large gut like Santa Claus, though Dexter got the feeling most of it was raw muscle. His arms were massive to the point they reminded Dexter of small versions of those thick oak trees you deep in the forest. But the reason Dexter didn't like the guy was simple, his eyes they were a light shade of green but they weren't human. They lacked the proper emotion to be human. The emotions they held were something far too primal to be human.

The bar itself was a sight to behold. It was more like a club then a bar if anything. It was about as big as school gymnasium but very dimly lit and most of the floor was made from fine dark brown wood. The walls lined with various posters of bands like Rush, The Beatles and Rolling Stones. There was a one massive counter which somehow The Bartender managed by himself. At least 20 rounded tables’ wooden tables each with four chairs were lined in perfect distance from each other. The place always played good music. It switched from various music styles some from Classic rock to whatever Cthulhu and the other old ones rocked out to. The waitresses ranged from fifties a roller blade blonde to amazons but that was only the surface of this place. The Bar itself seemed almost omnipresent. There was one in every world that led to this room right here. But Dexter always had the feeling this bar was a lot bigger then it looked. But he had a feeling trying to figure out something like that would drive him mad.

2. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved. And I expect free beer in return...

3. Kingtype

Ignore

4. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    Orphine (Or-ph-een)

Orphine was a bad witch. She was in every fairytale, the elusive evil sorceress that weaved in and out of the plot, casting curses and lifting them when she saw fit. She rather regretted some of her work, especially that whole messy business with Sleeping Beauty. To be fair she was younger back then and she was trying to change, but hey--no one can keep it together every day all the time, right? But now Orphine was being pursued by the higher-ups, the divine beings of Ruler and Warrior class--they were playign soem kind of game, chasing her from realm to realm and trying to see who could catch her first and blast her to oblivion.

Well, Orphine was not okay with that! So, she ran away to Marc's Bar and Grill, the one place the Gods/Goddesses could not find her. She stumbled through the whirling doors and took a moment to compose herself. She looked rather strange in a glittering diamond encrusted cape and her mass of midnight curls bundled on top of her head. Orphine walked up to the sleek bar and sat on a chrome stool next to a blonde dude--his name was Dexter. Orphine was good with naming things, the names just came to her whether she wanted to know them or not.

"You are Dexter", Orphine said, not smiling. "You gonna buy me a drink, fella?" She tapped the table impatiently with a sharp jewel encrusted claw.

5. Kingtype

Dexter looked at Orphine with cold blue eyes and grinned. "Glad you have heard of me sweet heart. But I ain't buying you a drink, trust me I know your type. Your gonna look all cute and pretty so that I buy you a drink and think I'm gonna get lucky tonight." Dexter lit his cigarette. Dexter could tell she was trouble. He could tell by the way she was dressed. She was one of those people from a different world then his own. Dexter liked to avoid trouble, unless of course he was the one starting it. "So what will you do?" Dexter asked her

6. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Billiam Spot

The good ship Inconceivable hurtled through the cosmos. It looked like, well... Describing what it looked like would be difficult, since the human brain cannot properly conceive of what it looks like. It's like taking a square, then making it round without actually doing any of that. The thing about the good ship Inconceivable is that it exists in four dimensions at the same time. Half of the time, it's a square, and the other half of the time, it's a sphere... except that since time is infinite, it's always both of those things. This has led many unknowing denizens of the universe to suddenly develop brain tumors, schizophrenia, paranoid dillusions, or sudden death syndrome from staring at it for too long. Thankfully for the Pilot, Billiam Spot, he'd just decided that he didn't care what shape his ship was. He was the pilot of the damn thing, and it damn well wasn't going to make him bleed out of the nose! No sir-eee!

In the cockpit he was staring out into the vast and unfathomable infinity of exactly one half of everything, the other half being behind him, when he decided rather suddenly that he wanted a burger. Thankfully for him, there was a button on the console of the Inconceivable that was labeled "Get me to a freaking Tavern." Billiam though that this button was a rather ingenious invention by the Squaricles, and decided that now was the time to push it.

Several seconds later, after parking the Inconceivable in the conveniently supplied parking garage of Marc's Bar and Grill, Billiam walked in shouting, "Guess who's back! Everyone's favorite immortal time traveling adventurer!" After getting some dirty looks, he added, "And to avoid confusion, I am not the Doctor... so Daleks, please, no need to 'exterminate.'" He made air quotes, then sat down, flagged down a waitress and said, "I'd like a menu and a Diet Pepsi please."

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

"So what will you do?" Dexter asked her

Orphine's deep black eyes glittered. "I will not tempt you with false truths, mortal", the Witch replied. "I was only asking a question. But I guess I have to conjure up my own currency. You're a piece of work, ya know that?" Orphine cupped her hands together and closed her eyes. Green light shone through her fingers and when she opened them, a huge chunky ruby fell to the tabletop. "Bartender!", she shrieked. "I'd like a drink--do you serve witch's brew here? Or maybe some mideval spiced wine?"

To Dexter she said, "Who are you, anyway? I know your name because that is one of my powers, the Power of Knowing, I haven't heard of you before. Now talk, I need to be amused to distract me from my personal woes..." Orphine unclipped her diamond-encrusted cape and it faded into thin air. She wore a spike-studded leather bustier and thigh-high stiletto boots, like a dominatrix. "Talk", Orphine repeated impatiently, pouting slightly.

8. Kingtype

The Bartender nodded at Orphine. He poured the witches brew and slid it over to her. His primal eyes staring her up and down. Well not at her they seemed to be looking at her soul more then anything. It wasn't a death glare but he was studying her.

Dexter was about to speak but then looked over Billiam who was being served Diet Pepsi. "Billiam I'll never understand the point of you coming here. All you ever do is blabber about useless junk and drink Pepsi. This is a bar, meaning you get drunk or get out." He stated to the time traveler. He then turned his attention back to Orphine. "I'm not just a piece of work. I'm a nasty piece of work as anybody. If your power is knowing shouldn't you know who I am?" He asked her grinning

9. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

Orphine shivered as the Bartender studied her with his intense gaze. She tried to tame her thoughts in case he could read minds. While Dexter was talking to a newcomer, Billiam, the Witch sipped her steaming brew. She felt a heady rusha nd every nerve in her body thrummed with power, down to her very hair tips. "Good, good stuff", she gasped, patting her chest.

"I'm not just a piece of work. I'm a nasty piece of work as anybody. If your power is knowing shouldn't you know who I am?" He asked her grinning

"Oh, you're not the first to ask that", Orphine said bleekly. "I can't control it. My brain is like a funnel tube and information pours in. It's completely random, don't try to make sens eof it. Just like this club." Orphne gestured around the bar with her martini-style cup and took another sip. "Wow, this stuff is good...", she muttered, her eyes watering. To Dexter, "So, are you gonna talk or what? And nobody, I say nobody, is as nasty a piece as me." She grinned mischieviously and her hair snapped out of their pins and tumbled over her shoulders.

10. Pheonix

Billiam

"Billiam I'll never understand the point of you coming here. All you ever do is blabber about useless junk and drink Pepsi."

"Dexter, I take offense to that! The the useless junk that I blabber about is only useless to everyone other than me!" He shouted over. "And all you ever do is sit there sulking and drinking... occasionally summoning some other worldly beast, and having it murder someone! At least I'm harmless!" He said innocently across the bar room floor. "And pepsi is awesome! I'm amazed that they have it here... how is it that they have it here..." He wondered aloud to himself. His thought was interrupted by a passing Demigod and his entourage.

"Thor! How's it going bud!" Billiam jumped up and slapped the god in the back. "Long time no see!"

"Sup Bill." He replied and kept going.

"Is it just me or does he seem to be down lately?" Billiam shouted over to Dexter.

11. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

Orphine's ears pricked at the name "Thor". She ducked her head and dug her sharp jeweled claws into the bar table. The Gods were after her. She didn't know if news of her deeds had reached the Norse Realm, but she didn't want to go up against Thor. She might win, by trickery or a big whammy spell, but it would leave her too tired to fight back if his friends decided to jump in.

"Dexter!", Orphine hissed. "Is Thor looking at me??" She clutched her glass and sipped from it shakily.

12. Kingtype

Dexter laughed. He always wondered why the weirdest women were always drawn in his direction. He looked at Orphine with a very devilish grin. "Yes and I bet this bar's drink would be even better if I didn't constantly have to deal with people like you and Billaim. Dexter turned and glared at Billiaim. "First off I'm not a big fan of Thor ever since that incident with the toilet." Dexter looked around at the blushing faces around him. "Oh yeah that's right you guys remember!" He shouted smiling. He turned back to Billiam. Dexter had always found Bililaim and odd case. The guy acted like an idiot but he was far more cunning then he would have you think.

Dexter sighed and puffed his cigarette. "I don't sulk I''m merely sulking now because I have to deal with you people just because this was the only place open." He stated putting his head down. He turned and looked at Orphine. "Hell if I know what Thor is looking for. But I doubt he will attack you in here. The Bartender won't have it. But if you are looking to fight him the alley's that way." He stated nodding towards that said exit in the back.

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

Orphine gave Dexter a steady look and stood like smoke rising from her stool, glass in hand. "Thank you for revealing to me what a perfect mule you are", Orphine said. She shrugged and her diamond studded cloak reappeared on her shoulders. Her wild curls also rearranged themselves into a messy updo. "If I am a bother, I will move to another station. Oh, and one more thing..." Orphine splashed her drink at him. "Now I think we're even. Goodday, loser." She whipped around and strutted off, a whirlwind flaring around her briefly and knocking over stools and passersby. She headed for the jukebox and started looking through the song list. She forgot to be afraid of Thor--she was too angry to remember her caution.

"Here we go", the Witch said with a grin. She played The Smith's "How Soon Is Now" and swayed to the music.

14. Pheonix

Billiam

"The Smiths eh?" He looked at the witchy looking woman. "I would have pegged you for more of an Eagles fan... Maybe Santana. Whatevs, good song!" He shouted, and raised his pepsi.

"Everyone give it up for the Smiths!" His declaration was met by a less than enthusiastic response. "Well excuse me for recognizing good music when I hear it!" He shouted. "Jeez, what a dead crowd."

"Shut up!" Shouted a drunken elephant man from Elongus Probuscium. Billiam held his hands up in defeat. But just then the waitress came back.

"What can I get you sir?" She asked.

"Oh, I'd like a Multidimensional Burger please, easy on the onions, and you can just leave the fourth dimension sauce off of there..." He said.

"Will that be all?"

"No, I'd like a refill." He held up his empty pepsi glass. "Pepsi, diet."

15. Love to Write

Love to Write I'm a lover of writing. What else is to be said? Contributor

double post

16. Love to Write

Crossing the Fourth Wall

Many have tried, but few have succeeded in crossing that invisible dimension known as the fourth wall. It seperates fiction from reality, a writer from it's creation. After several years of searching both sub-conciously and conciously, I have found the one place that will allow me to other side of the forth wall. Strangly enough, the place is called Marc's Bar and Grill, and though I would never visit such a place in my reality...the opportunity to do something ever writer dreams of doing, is to good to pass up. So my fellow writers and readers, I bid you farewell until I return from my journey across the fourth wall. My only fear is...that I may not be able to return.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mary, or better known by her pen name Love to Write, pushed open the doors of Marc's Bar and Grill. The place was odd indeed, even for a bar. It was both large and yet small, loud and yet quite, bright and yet dark. Every thought, hope, dream, and imagination seemed to exist here. It was a mixture of sci-fi, fantasy, horror, humorous and realistic realities. She had done it. Mary had crossed the fourth wall. A feat that could only be dreamed of.
    Nervous and yet excited, she stepped inside and slowly made her way across the room to find a seat. Characters she knew and others she didn't, were sitting, talking, drinking and over all seeming to enjoy themselves. She felt like an intruder, having created a few of these characters and was now in the dimension they existed.

Mary found an empty table, ordered a rootbeer, and looked around studying her surroundings. She recognized a character named Dexter from a fellow writer's writings. She knew he was someone she should steer far from, especially since he was sitting by a shady looking witch. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Any of these characers could easily hurt her if they had a mind too. A pad of paper and pen, capable of bringing things into existence, probably wouldn't be enough.
    Then again...maybe she would see Tina here. Commander Tina Sharp. Someone Mary felt she knew, maybe even better than herself. What would she do if Tina came? Would Tina recognize her creator? Ignore her? Electricute her? Oh well, she'd find out if it came to that.

17. Kingtype

The song came to screeching halt and Queen's "Fat Bottomed Girls" started playing. A man who liked well just liked Dexter was at the jukebox. He started playing air guitar and he was obviously drunk. Unlike Dexter his hair was black and more messy and his eyes deep brown. He was leather jacket had a drips of beer on it and the bottle in his hand was nearly empty.

The Dexter at the counter looked at the man that looked like him and merely shook his head in distain and puffed his cigarette. Dexter then looked at Mary. He could tell she didn't belong in a place like this. But he was wondering how normal person found this place. Then again for all he knew she was some kinda god. He decided to bite. "You were you from?" He asked her

18. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

"The Smiths eh?" He looked at the witchy looking woman. "I would have pegged you for more of an Eagles fan... Maybe Santana. Whatevs, good song!" He shouted, and raised his pepsi.

"The Smiths are better than all of those bands", Orphine said to Billiam without moving her lips. She was dancing and looking at him from across the bar. Her voice whispere din his ear. "Morrissey's voice is like sweet, sweet angels...now shush, and listen." She turned away and continued to sway as Mary entered the bar. Mary, her name popped into the Witch's mind unheeded. Orphine thought she reminded her slightly of Snow White, or maybe Sleeping Beauty. Maybe she could redeem herself by doing this child a kindness?

In a whirl of wind and light and shadows, Orphine appeared at Mary's table. "Hello, there", Orphine said in her flat, bored voice. She tried to smile, but it looked like a scowl. So she gave up and said, "What do you desire child? I've done wrong in my time, and I want to do right by someone, maybe you. So tell me, what do you wish for in your secret heart of hearts?" She clacked together her jeweled nails and they sparked like charged wires.

Orphine noticed Dexter sitting there and said, "Oh, its you. Want another alcohol shower, or what?"

19. Love to Write

Mary

"Awkward!" Was the first thing that popped into her mind as Dexter plopped down at her table smelling like beer and what-not. She was glad her pen and paper was at the ready...just in case.

"You were you from?" He asked her.
    Inwardly she was shaking but figured the best thing to do in this situation was to act confident.
    She was about to answer, but then the witch came over. "What do you desire child? I've done wrong in my time, and I want to do right by someone, maybe you. So tell me, what do you wish for in your secret heart of hearts?"Orphine noticed Dexter sitting there and said, "Oh, its you. Want another alcohol shower, or what?" She obviously didn't like Dexter. Smart woman.

"Uh, nothing. I'm really quite content." She smiled as bravely as she could up at the freaky woman. Then addresing Dexter she said, "I'm from Earth. Nothing fancy."

20. Kingtype

Dexter glared at Orphine. "Please I'm already buzzed enough. Besides I'm just glad someone shut off that stupid song you were playing." He said nodding towards the jukebox were the man that looked like Dexter strummed air guitar while listening to Queen. Dexter hated that guy. But he was glad he had pissed of Orphine. Dexter then looked at Mary again. "Which Earth?" He asked her

21. Pheonix

Billiam

"The Smiths are better than all of those bands", Orphine said to Billiam without moving her lips. She was dancing and looking at him from across the bar. Her voice whispere din his ear. "Morrissey's voice is like sweet, sweet angels...now shush, and listen."

He looked at the Witch and concentrated really hard. Over the millenia, he'd picked up a few tricks.

"Hun, I don't disagree on any particular point you just made. I just thought that a song like "Black Magic Woman" or "Witchy Woman" would be more appropriate for a person of your taste than the sad, melodramatic and exceeding britishness of Morrissey. But, I agree, he is a master of his art... ever listened to his solo efforts? It's really quite good." He beamed into her brain. A Treluvian Mind Monk had drilled him for months on the proper method to beam one's thoughts into another's cranium. Wasn't always the most useful thing to know--people tended to get a little unnerved when a disembodied voice started whispering directly into their cerebrum--but it had it's moments. As it happened, this was one of those moments.

Then he noticed the drunk guy at the Juke Box. "Hey, other Dexter, they got any Death Cab for Cutie in there?"

22. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    Orphine

"Oh, Earth...which realm, if you don't mind me asking?", Orphine said, cocking her head. "I've traversed most of them in my, eh...adventurous days. You may have heard of me. I'm the one who turned Ariel into a "real girl". That damn prince wanted a wife so bad, I thought it was the right thing to do, but then he fell for someone else and she turned to sea foam at sundown." Orphine sighed. "What? you heard another version of the story? No wonder, that Disney place is always spinning my tales, although it is quite amusing...especially the musical numbers." Orphine grinned. It was odd to contemplate that someone like Orphine, the Wicked Witch, would like a Disney film.

Dexter glared at Orphine. "Please I'm already buzzed enough. Besides I'm just glad someone shut off that stupid song you were playing."

Orphine was so soaked up in her own musings, she only just heard Dexter's comment. She gave him a black glare and said, "You say you don't want a shower, but you're begging for one. Here, you look kind of dry..." Orphine held out her hand and someone's drink floated from another table into her hand and she splashed it toward Dexter while willing the liquid to splash in his face. Then she stood smoothly.

"Mary--yes, I know your name, its one of my sorcerous talents--I am going to retire in a nice quiet booth somewhere away from this asshat", Orphine said, hugging her diamond encrusted cloak tighter. "You may join me when you tire of his sour attitude and general idiosy..." With that, the Witch simply faded out of sight...

23. Love to Write

"Actually I believe I have heard that version." Mary was having a hard time believing this woman was the witch that turned the mermaid into a girl. "Hans Christian Anderson wrote it, didn't he? Disney doesn't know how to write a real story. They are always copying off other's people work." She smiled, feeling more comfortable now that she actually knew who this woman was.

"Mary--yes, I know your name, its one of my sorcerous talents--I am going to retire in a nice quiet booth somewhere away from this asshat", Orphine said, hugging her diamond encrusted cloak tighter. "You may join me when you tire of his sour attitude and general idiosy..." With that, the Witch simply faded out of sight...

"Uh...ok." She said watching the woman walk off. Mary hoped Dexter would leave soon. He was making her nervous.

24. Kingtype

The other Dexter glared at Billaim. And started babbling drunkenly. "Jew don't e..ver g..get to torn off Queen!" He shouted at the time traveler and with that Dexter passed out. The blonde Dexter laughed as his counterpart hit the floor. The black haired Dexter stood up again but he wasn't drunk anymore, Felix had taken control of the body. "I'll never understand why he drinks so much." He stated in much more calm sober voice. The blonde Dexter waved at Felix. He didn't like his counterpart but he did enjoy Felix.

25. Macaberz

Macaberz Pay it forward Contributor

Sir Mortens

The fumes of lowly drinks and poor cigars approached Sir Mortens through the keyhole. "Marc's Bar and Grill" it read on the facade. Mortens wondered if the owners of this odd abode would have the honorability and kindness to serve proper tea. Sir Mortens had no accurate recollection as to what his whereabouts had been before having stumbled upon said abode. Courageously and with good hopes for tea he stepped in.

What a jolly party this is! He thought to himself, and as he popped out his watch, good grace, party time indeed! He strove towards what he perceived to be a bar and drew the attention of the person standing opposite to his person, namely, the bartender by snapping his fingers.

"Dear fellow, would you have the kindness to serve me a proper cup of tea?"