1. Bimber

Bimber New Member

That feeling after you finish a good book...

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Bimber, Mar 3, 2013.

How does it feel for you?

For me its usually sad, thats how i know how good a book was, the more days i miss it the better it was for me.
    I hate and love that it ended, i enjoy the ending but sad that now i wont read anymore of those people. Its like a feeling of having a close friend that you like but know you wont hear from them ever again, and days after you still miss reading about them or finding out what else happened to them.
    But think the effect is better if it was a series as then you got more time to spend with them and they grow on you, with a single stand alone book i dont find it that much.

2. Revenant

Revenant Member

Dude, my thoughts exactly. When reading a really good book with good characters I grow close to them. Part of me never wants it to end, and another part of me is just glad when they get a happy ending (if they get a happy ending, which they generally do). I love it when, after a book or series is finished, the author writes a short story or something set a little in the future. It's like, "Oh, hi! Nice to see you again. I missed you."

3. Bimber

Bimber New Member

Yeah i like those too, think they give the story a nice complete ending, found many people dont like that though probably like imagining it by themselves but i dont see the point in it, its just not the same i might as well come up with my own version of the story then. It does not need to be long even.

4. sylvertech

sylvertech Active Member

I feel really excited after finishing a good book,
    kinda like an extended orgasm - it feels good all the while and the end is just plain satisfying.

I jump around happy with all the inspiration I had, and then start devouring another.

5. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I either want the story to go on, or, I grumble that the ending wasn't quite right.

Then I go find another story to get lost in.