1. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Active Member

A time waster, interested in writing.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jetshroom, Oct 17, 2011.

Hi Guys,

Just signed up here. I've been looking for a writing forum for a while now.

I've been interested in writing since primary school in various forms. I've got a couple of story ideas on the go at the moment, but working two jobs to make ends meet means that writing creatively is taking a back seat at the moment. I've decided to take up blogging and social media-ing to maintain practice writing and I thought it'd be a great idea to join a forum of likeminded authors and potential authors to keep the motivation to write up.

I'm hoping I'll see some great regular exercises that can spark my imagination here so that I can do more small blocks of writing regularly.

Can't wait to get to know you all.

2. ShadowScribbler

ShadowScribbler New Member

Welcome!

I know the feeling of having to put your writing on hold -- real life sucks sometimes, right? I hope you find the time to get stuff done and maybe you can share your work with us. My name's Renée, and I look forward to seeing you around the boards! x

3. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

Welcome - but might I suggest that the time spent blogging and diddling on 'social media' might be better spent on writing? You don't have to start the "Great American Novel" but little character pieces or short-shorts only take a few minutes each day. :)

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl New Member

Busy schedules, hooray.

Write when you feel an idea coming on. Do whatever it takes just to set aside a little writing time now and again. I hardly have any time in the week, as I'm studying, but a couple hours out of my weekends are dedicated to writing. Make notes whenever you can.

There are a few weekly poetry and short story contests, as you may have noticed. Check 'em out :D

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

6. Backbiter

Backbiter Member

Welcome to the forums!