1. crackpot

crackpot New Member

Greetings from Pluto

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by crackpot, Jan 10, 2008.

Hello shut ins, hermits, celebrities and closeted writers:

Everyone says I'm weird and I feel flattered each time I hear it enunciated.
    I like writing poems of the tip off my tongue, and daydream in a life
    of science fiction. I don't have much of any sort of book together.
    I'm sort of insane and believe in faerie goddesses and flying dutchesses.
    I also live on Pluto. Yes, it is a planet. We had a war with Venus last year
    and that's why we're banned from the so-called community.

Enough of that trite, dribble-poppycock, if that's what you think it is. I will
    post a few old original poems from memory and I'll be pulling some out of the oven shortly. If you are reading this, you can find the first poem I posted here, please criticize if you want. We're not getting a degree here, so grading is only constructive critisism. I think it is good practice to avoid trite poetry. Thanks for the complement (insult). call me a manic masochist

2. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Well you certainly created a unique introduction thread, but that's fine.

Welcome to the site!

By the way, how's Neptune? It's always been my favourite planet.

3. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome.

4. crackpot

crackpot New Member

Pluto and Neptune get along very well. They helped us from losing our planet. Neptune
    is a very ancient and old society. Many of most powerful beings live there. It's bad
    to go there if you don't know them or aren't related to them. Kind of like a rich White
    man walking into a Ghetto or Indian Reservation. They have a few good bars with some
    different kinds of drinks that will get you hammered. Pluto trades technology and energy
    with them. Pluto is the lone greatest nuclear energy source in its area, which is vast and
    too much to describe. Thank you for liking Neptune. It's hell in there, but it's fun

5. Raven

Raven Banned

Indeed.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello crackpot, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

And welcome to the inner reaches of the solar system, where the sun is more than just an abnormally bright star in the night. I hope the warmth here is to your liking.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi there and welcome to Writing Forums, crackpot :)

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

hello and welcome