Halloween Party in a College Setting.

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by Link the Writer, Feb 23, 2011.

1. joelpatterson

joelpatterson New Member

Or else she should dress up as a WWI spy...

2. KillianRussell

KillianRussell New Member

in the 1990's a Japense LSU student dressed for Halloween party was shot and killed by a homeowner after he wandered on the wrong lawn in a druken stupor , (wasted the kid could not translate the commons in his english fast enough )

3. Deleth

Deleth New Member

ok one other person has mentioned this...so I'll just bring it up again...at a college party you are going to have a bunch of overly hormoned young adults dressed up as who knows what and

LOTS
    OF
    BEER

I don't drink myself, but I've friends to did (lots at the time) and these parties are very chaotic
    good luck :)

4. Silver_Dragon

Silver_Dragon New Member

The university I attended had a campus pub. They had lots of themed events and parties. That kind of setting wouldn't be as rowdy as a lot of house parties. Just thought I'd mention it in case you were interested writing something similar...

5. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

While it's true that most girls usually just use Halloween as an excuse to pull off revealing outfits (slutty zombie for the win!), guys actually tend to put more effort into the make-believe aspect of the costume -- one of my exes dressed up as some historical figure once, although I don't recall which figure; someone who led an anti-slavery rebellion in the pre-Civil-War days -- so dressing up as a WWI Kaiser and going all-out on it is totally believable.

Link, you're in college, right? Even if you don't live on-campus, you're still a college student...you need to get yourself to some parties!

6. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Well, um...I'm kinda an introvert who isn't into that whole thing. :p

7. Mallory

Yeah but still, parties are fun. Doesn't mean you have to do anything too crazy. But whatever floats your boat. :)

Anyway, it's legit to have someone dress up as a WWI Kaiser for a Halloween party. However, it's not legit to have a character bring their parents to a kegger. ;)

8. Darkhunter

Darkhunter New Member

Might not be legit but in my neck of the woods it does happen time ti time as weird as that sounds. Maine has its oddities.

9. Mallory

Are you talking about a party held at someone's home? If that's the case it's not weird, but Link is talking about college parties held in college-student apartment complexes in a college town. (I think)

10. Darkhunter

Darkhunter New Member

Well up in Orono I had a buddy that threw parties in his apartment but his parents were his landlord. He lived separately but he was their tenant (Paid rent.) His Dad was 19 years older (I think 42 at the time) and the guy did a kegstand (Held up by myself and his son). Real fun guy to talk to since he was ex-Miltary and I was thinking joining at the time. Not at all weird either according to most people, myself included.

Might be more of a regional thing but when I was in high school parents would turn a blind eye to keggers in their basement and this was exactly like that but all of us could drink legally so he didn't mind having a beer or six on top of the kegstand.

As for what Link is talking about yeah most likely he is talking about is what you said. But if its an apartment you may have next door neighbors a few years older or your parents age knocking at your door asking "Whats going on here?" and getting in your business. Happened to me when I lived in an apartment complex and had a small party but they were nosy.

Just throwing it out there though that I've seen it happen and it can make an interesting scenario if you play it right.

11. Ion

Ion New Member

If you're writing it, anything can be feasible with proper explanation and set up. If you want to do something a certain way, don't let what's normal stop you from doing what you feel would work best.