1. Eoz Eanj

Eoz Eanj Contributor Contributor

My God- It's Got Its Own Heartbeat!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Eoz Eanj, Jan 29, 2008.

Ah yes well you see I have a pimple growing on the farside of my forehead and it is very painful and not particularly attractive so I was wondering how do I get rid of it?

Any suggestions? I rarely get pimples, so I've never had to deal with it before.

lol.

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Erm.... what pimple????? o_O

3. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Pop it.

4. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    Paw paw cream or magnaplasm

5. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

or plutonium. No wait, don't scratch and pick at it. Only pop it if it has a head on it. If you can't get anything out, resist the temptation to pick it. Otherwise you're gona have scars.. trust me..... :(

6. Gloom Kitty

Gloom Kitty Banned

in a little cage in the bowls of Cephalid
    LOL it gets angrier when you squeeze it

7. Eoz Eanj

That's right gloomkitty, I tried to pop it and it bit me.

lol.

Pawpaw cream sounds curious, *writes it down*

8. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Military airstrike ;)

Or just wait for it to depart of its own accord.

9. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

With something that bad you must Nuke it from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.

10. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Lol, this is certainly the most interesting conversation I've ever seen on here. If it hurts when you squeeze it, you gotta just ignore it and go for it. I know, I'm sort of like the pimple popping expert. :p

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Damn, if it has its own head and its own heartbeat, it may be an alien parasite. Especially if it starts talking.

Kill it!!

12. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

You could heat up a needle and stab it, and give it a little squeeze. That would hurt less then popping it right off.

13. Eoz Eanj

I think it's more of a blemish than a pimple- and even thought it may have its own 'heartbeat' it doesn't have a head. Also, I never pop my pimples because scars develop afterwards.

14. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Yer- it's a pain. It's worse when It's a huge one and it's obvious and you have an important meeting or you're going on a first date.. sheese. Concealer is useful when that happens!

15. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Possibly a hot washcloth? If it's ready to drain, that may "persuade" it to get it done with.

16. Tears

Tears New Member

Maybe, i don't know i've never really had any in my whole life *shrugs* i really wouldn't know what to do in this situation. I'd just wait and see what happens. Then again i don't really care what people think of me.

17. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

Be careful before you attack it. Think first! If your not carful you'll end up with a seven year long occupation of forgien pimples...

18. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

try toothpaste to take the redness away (big glob and keep it on for a few hours, or sleep with pure zinc cream on it. Don't touch your face cause thats how you get pimples in the first place.
    Hope those methods work

19. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

ewies, I have like loadsa spots at the moment, one on my forehead and two on my chin. Tis the essesive make-up I have been wearing over the windter, lol.

Anyways, I use Witch wipes daily which cost about £5 for two packs, then moisturise with Dove cream and apply a tea-tea oil directly to the spots.

Hope this helps :)
    Heather

20. mypensmysoul

mypensmysoul New Member

[\FONT="Book Antiqua"]Stay back and let the real doctor do her job. **Pulls out Stethoscope.**

I used to have a terrible acne problem; it was like mutant, deformed acne that no over the counter stuff defeated, nor many perscriptions. Luckily, after taking Acutane, now I have crystal clear face. :cool:

So I know what to do. Now. If I was a real doctor I'd say never pop it. But I know that desperate times call for desperate measures. :p

Depends on if it's a whitehead, blackhead, or cystic pimple.

Whitehead (its got a white tip and is sometimes painful): Get a hot washcloth (I mean almost scalding hot) and press it lightly around (but not on) the zit. The heat alone should be enough for the pus to ooze out. (Hey, I never said it was lovely.) If not, squeeze it gently.

Blackhead (its black and the texture makes it easily pick-able. Don't pick it. These aren't usually painful.): Again, get a hot washcloth (but it doesn't need to be really hot) and apply it around the zit. Blackheads dont normally have pus, so nothing will ooze. Apply the cloth for about 5 minutes. By morning, the zit should have shrank, decreased in size and / or disappeared!

Cystic pimple (Very painful and is hard to pick at, because they are under the skin. This is the most evil of all zits): DO NOT PICK AT THE CYSTIC PIMPLE. Because cystic pimples are under the skin, you are actually picking at your own skin, not your zit, so you'll end up with a red mark and, if your horribly unlucky or malicious, scarring. The best thing you can do with the cystic zit is to apply cover-up (not foundation; foundation highlights your zits) and wait it out. I recommend Neutrogena, because their products usually contain salicylic (spelling?) acid, a medical acid that can decrease pimples in many cases. (But not all.) If you have several pimples, try a moisturizer (dry or normal skin) or exfoliator (oily or normal skin) in the morning or evening (it usually says on the directions).

-I figured that I'd share some of my dermatology knowledge to help others. :p I'm so cool. Good luck![/FONT]

21. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

sorry Eoz but I had such a good laugh reading this thread from all the responses. I hardly ever get pimples but recently I found 4 on my face. I was mortified. All ya gotta do is find some way to hide them till they go away....maake up works well if your hair ain't long enough to or start a new fashion trend with wearing a mask :p

<I'm hiding out till mine vanish>

22. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Lol, the way people are paranoid these days, I think that would be a bad idea. :p

23. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

lol you are probably right there :p

But then aparently I am intimidating anyways with my fashion so it probably wouldn't mke much difference lol (smiles innocently)

24. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

*cough/hack* Your fashion!? not THAT intimidating!

25. Narwhal

Narwhal New Member

haha, I wish I knew these things a few years ago.. I'm going to have soooo many scars from the sounds of it.. :meh: