1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Are You Ready????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Mar 10, 2008.

What are your thoughts on this?

I'm a major sceptic, I don't really know what I think of this sort of thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there and see what everyone thinks on it.

Here is the link to the video in question on youtube.

Planet X - Are You Ready?

2. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Wow, I might think something like this is possible except for the fact that the video gets into it being a "Battle Station" for aliens and it being the fairy to the "Dark Dwarf Galaxy". Sounds like Scientoligist foney-baloney any way you look at it. Still, calling Planet X is awesome. Anyone seen Godzilla? You know what I'm talking about... :D

3. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Okay, now I'm big on civilisations such as the Egyptians, Maya, Aztecs and the amazing (albeit unexplainable) theories they came up with. The Mayans predicted their world would end in 2012 and after viewing that video I am actually scared to death.

I'm going to do some more research on this, but if it's all real then I'm going to have to screw my current plans for the future and take out a couple of mega bank loans and achieve what I can!

4. Torana

lol Valiance I think my thoughts on it are somewhat the same.

Bluemouth there are 3 parts to it. Look at them all. I want to research on it more. Even though I don't really believe it, it does sound interesting when you think about it.

And heck, if it is true then I am screwed over cause I can't swim LOL Maybe I should marry some rich old guy and be made sole beneficiary of his entire estate...hehe I'd be laughing then! I could do an around the world tour and then when the world goes wacko and I die at least I got to see what I wanted to LOL

I'm not serious about the old guy thing btw.

But seriously if it is true I'll know in just over a year I spose. Though I am doubtful it is true...

5. Bluemouth

I honestly don't think this is something we should be skeptical about. There's enough evidence, both past and present, to show this will happen. It's time to actually embrace the enivitable and prepare for it as best we can.

Watch this video and the other parts - it's very informative.

6. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

wow this sounds like it really might happen and if it does there's nothing we can do except party with bluemouth's loan money:) seriously i think if it happens it happens and if we survive...well then that's just our luck. we were going to die anyway except it might come a bit earlier...

7. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

Bring it on you ALIENS!
    lol!
    That's my thought. I really have no interest. I personally think its an Alien secret weapon they have been building it in secret for thousands of years.

8. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Least bothered. One is going to die anyway, and the aliens are taking way too much time.

9. Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland New Member

To be honest, I don't care about it. xD The only thing I find worth mentioning is that the way the text appeared made my eyes hurt and I stopped watching after about 45 seconds. >.>

I don't understand the need for people to look for new planets... It's fine how we thought it was. I didn't even know Pluto wasn't a planet anymore 'til last week. D=

10. MarcG

MarcG New Member

A whole bunch of the images/videos provided I recognize from various photoshop and video editing contests, particularly the "36 foot giant". (I'm referring to the first video in the series.)
    Still referring to the first video:
    The entire thing reeks of assumptions, particularly since any "planet x" would be visible by telescope and would be widely known.
    It looks like their map of "post-Nibiri" USA is a projected map of rising waterlevels from global warming. And the widely accepted theory of the magnetic pole shift (and how it may happen relatively soon) requires no "extra planets".)

Despite the "proof" offered by the final video I found this entirely unbelievable and largely ridiculous. They know nothing of astronomical physics - and even my rudimentary knowledge is enough to know that what they propose this "planet" did/does is nearly impossible and highly improbable.

Even more laughable is the "picture" of Nibiru. Apparently the creator of this video is from somewhere north of the equator, so instantly every tropical area is able to take stunning pictures of something that isn't supposed to be visible from all but the most southern (aka south pole) areas until 2009.

I love how it's a battle station. The orbits it takes take it well out of the range of any solar heat and the thing would be an inhospitable mound of ice by the time it reached the outer area of the solar system. So uh... what would EVER live there? I suppose that means they have space ships then, since they planet hopped. Wonderful.

Even better is the argument that financial corporations are trying to hide the information FOR THEIR GAIN. I would think that mass hysteria of coming cataclysm would be enough to fill their pockets with the sales of canned foods, materials for shelters, and the like.

In conclusion? It's a string of clips with baseless and entirely unsupported views from movies and scattered events, taking the effects of global warming and gradual climate change as a sign of the fulfillment of 'prophecy'.

11. MarcG

MarcG New Member

It's got the same problems as the other video. It offers no real support except for random out of context quotes. Many of the events that "are proof" have been examined scientifically (Noah's flood) and there is evidence they happened becase of causes completely unrelated to a planet flying by. It also assumes that the religious books are entirely true. Assumptions are not to be used in anything remotely scientifically credible.

12. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

People really still believe in this stuff?

Think logically, kids. We've discovered tons of planets orbitting other stars, planets that are hundreds of lightyears away from us. Yet we haven't noticed a crazy Jupiter-sized planet in our own solar system? I find that extremely unlikely.

The article in question (Where it was stated that they had found a Jupiter-sized planet, possibly close enough to be part of our solar system) is from 1983. Twenty-five years ago. That's hardly recent. Of ten unidentified objects found by IRAS, nine were later confirmed to be distant galaxies, and the tenth was "infrared cirrus."

Some astronomers think that there may be a tenth planet where the Kuiper Belt ends abruptly, but such a planet, they say, would be closer to the size of Earth or Mars.

Remember when everyone got all hyped up over the Y2K bug? Yeah, this whole 2012 thing is like that.

13. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

I'm ready. Ready for whoever came up with this stupid idea to be laughed out of the room. This is absurd.

Any Planet X would be part of our own solar system, not another solar system. Hence "Planet Roman Numeral Ten." Nibiru? Its from Sumarian and Babalonyian myth. It refers to the planet Jupiter and is associate with Marduk.

Here's an interesting bit from Wikipedia:

Planet X's existence was only theorized to exist in our solar system because there were descrepencies in the orbit of the Gas Giants, particularly Uranus and Neptune. In 1989 however the Voyager project flew by Neptune and found an error in the calculation of the planet's mass. With the newly recalculated mass all orbital descrepencies disappeared.

Planet X is effectively disproven (IE, none existant) and the only people who still believe in it are the nuts who come up with this stuff.

Planet X now only exists in name as the title of a possible Brown Dawrf that exists outside our solar system and beyond the Kuiper Belt. Plus. Brown Dawrfs don't have orbiting planets. They're too small to have anything large enough to be called a planet in their orbit.

The only thing beyond Pluto of any significance is Charon which is not classified as a planet but as a moon of Pluto or as a partenr in pluto in being a double dawrf planet. All other masses beyond neptune have been found to be masses of rock and ice and are part of the kuiper Belt. Not planets.

THis video was made by someone who took a bunch of things I wouldn't even call facts and then twisted them into some kind of crazy dooms day story.

14. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

Ladies and gentlemen, I believe a large group-high-five is in order for Lordofhats.

15. The Freshmaker

Yeah, he took slightly more information from Wikipedia than I did.

16. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

...and The Freshmaker. And any other skeptics who feel they deserve it.

=P

17. lordofhats

lordofhats New Member

lol :rolleyes:. Yeah sorry about that. Your post wasn't up yet when I went into the reply screen.

Edit: I did refresh my head on wikipedia but I was really into astronomy a few years back and read hoards of books. Sadly I forget alot of the things I read when I'v elost my interest in the subject (Like English and Math XD). I remember reading about this in a book awhile back. Not the Nibiru thing but Planet X.

18. The Freshmaker

It's not a big deal. I don't really care. Wikipedia is a useful resource.

I dabble in astronomy as a hobby, and I remember hearing something about a Planet X a long while back, but it wasn't anything threatening like this. It immediately smelled like bull****.

You know what they say, though. If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it must be an alien that has taken on the form of a duck so that it can stealthily infiltrate our system.

19. Bluemouth

Well thankfully I woke up today and realised it was a load of crap. :)

20. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Crap or not, it would still make a good movie... :D

21. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

nonsensical!... i got bored with the silly stuff around where they go into 'battle station' idiocy and quit...

first, it says the thing is 'an object' that can supposedly cause some damage to earth, but then later say it's a planet in another solar system, so it can't possibly come near enough to us to do any harm, imo...

i think you need to be more of a 'sceptic' [sic] torana, and ignore gluck like this...

22. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

MM, 'sceptic' isn't a misspelling, just the British way of spelling it...

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Great, Thanks for the nightmares. Oh well. Gota die some day.

24. Torana

See I've every reason to be septical about it! For the reasons that MarcG has just stated above!!! :)

And maia I don't actually believe it, but it does make for an interesting read if you ask me.

25. Bluemouth

Certainly does, T. You scared the hell out of me last night. I couldn't get to sleep! :redface: