1. grimmsistr

grimmsistr Member

Happy to be here and Hello!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by grimmsistr, May 11, 2014.

A while back I was searching through forums like this one, but at that time I didnt find any that sounded like they were good places to participate in, for a newbie- and far-from-proff-writer, like myself. So I am very glad to find this forum. Not saying writers on here don’t sound professional ;) just saying this place seems very welcoming and not so intimidating for newbie writers.

I live in the land of Andersen’s Fairytales. Or more accurately somewhere in imaginary world.. If you know young Ann of Green gables’ dreamy eyes and floaty spirits, that’s pretty much me. But unlike her, I doubt I will ever grow out of it.

I love storytelling in all forms, as words or pictures, moving or still etc. But as I said I am no professional writer and I don’t really aspire to be so either. My writing is something I do because I love it. My money-making line of work is as a Kindergarten teacher.

I use a lot of imagery and analogies when I write, some people hate that, but I cant help it. I find stories filled with lots of metaphors so much more delicious.

English is not my first language. So here I go, excusing all spelling and the probably many grammar mistakes in advance. But Im here to learn and to get better at that, though grammar really doesn’t interest me much, only if it is so bad that it stands in the way of people understanding the text.

Thank you to the creators of the forum. I cant wait to participate some more out there on the threads.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey