1. XLadyX

XLadyX Banned

Has anyone else not published with Amazon and have been okay with sales?

Discussion in 'Marketing' started by XLadyX, Aug 8, 2016.

I don't like the way Amazon handles things whenever something happens with publishing, so I'm trying to stay away from there after what recently happened. That's the only place I seem to get "bad" reviews from. Everywhere else I publish I seem to be fine. When I posted this in another writer's group, some people think I should still publish my books on Amazon.

What do you think? Do you publish with Amazon?

I'm trying to use Draft 2 Digital and the platforms they have on there and there's still Smashwords.

With or without Amazon does it make a difference?

I just can't count on the executive relations there to handle something whenever an obvious spiteful review occurs. I don't mind if someone makes a bad review because they didn't like my stories -- as long as it's genuine. However the only bad reviews I seem to be getting were from my "competition."

tl;dr I don't want to publish at Amazon anymore due to what previously happened. Does everyone publish with KDP Publishing and Create Space or do you use other platforms or both?

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

The vast majority of my sales from self-published work come from Amazon. It dwarfs the other markets where I've listed items. I've seen similar results with other self-published authors. There are other considerations apart from sales, but from a purely sales perspective Amazon is the behemoth in the marketplace and it doesn't make sense to skip them.