1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Have you ever......?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Mar 15, 2008.

Have you ever been in a situation where you and a friend have freaked yourselves out so badly that you just can't get to sleep?

Well tonight me and a friend did. She has now fallen asleep on the floor in our lounge on every small cushion we have (rather funny to see and wouldn't be comfy at all), and is snoring so loudly.

But I on the other hand can not sleep...I hate it when it happens. I feel so stupid it isn't funny but I can't for the life of me get to sleep...

Has anyone else ever done this? Freaked themself out so badly that you've been unable to sleep? If yes why/how?

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

You need to lay off the cheese before bedtime.

Or the alcohol ;)

3. Torana

I'm never eating cheese again ><

and the alochol...well....:D oops my bad!

4. Montag

Montag New Member

what happened?

And yeah, I think I have done that before, usually during a camping trip when I was younger, when it was us kids in one tent and adults in the other, and we'd get talking... about ghosts, and snakes and spiders and yowies and panthers...

We'd stay up all night after that usually, watching the silhouettes on the tent sides, and trying to figure out which one was the monster.

5. Crazy Ivan

Crazy Ivan New Member

When I was younger, I stayed painfully awake each night before Christmas, staring at the ceiling, fearing that I wouldn't get any presents. The worst thing was, I knew that the presents wouldn't come unless I was asleep...but that made it even harder for me to sleep. It was a vicious circle.

6. Torana

Well I drank a carton of Cougar and Cola cans, a bottle of Tequila and Absinth shots.....so yeah...

What happened was my friend went to my parents room to steal a pair of my dad's socks, my parents weren't here. It was like 12am I thinks....not sure, I was plastered! ><

ANyways next thing I know she comes running down the hallway crying and freaking and it was like a full on worry. Finally she says she walked in there and was hit with a sudden chill and a really awful feeling, now my parents room is normally like a freezer, but cause we were so drunk, our mind played tricks on us. I went up there and well...I got to the doorway to my daughters room, just before my parents, and I blacked out. But that was due to the fact that I had taken my medication that I have to take at the moment and I was mixing it with alcohol in a bad way....big no no that is for sure. Never again. I forgot.

So we sat in the kitchen the kids woke up and Ami came out her room and we both thought we saw some long brown arm that was badly mutilated....turns out it was the kids lizard toy....we were drunk, we spooked each other out really badly, which we always do when we are drunk.

Didn't help that the dog had been barking all night long, it was my brother's birthday (RIP Little bro)and there was a large group of teens yahooing from a party out the front of the house, plus the possum family in the rook of the house was going haywire lastnight, and this house makes strange sounds in the night.

So two drunken females freaking over nothing, making a mountain out of a mole hill and i can't believe I posted this lastnight. I had no idea I was even online lol how shameful......

<where's my rock?>

7. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

what an eventful night. i remember something like this happened when me and a couple of friends got drunk. we just started hallucinating and we ended up calling security because we thought someone had snuck into the house. medication and alcohol...bad mix.
    <it's getting crowded under this rock>

8. Torana

<well I was here first damn it...want some crisps? :p>

that sounds like a riot lol and well other events happened but I won't mention them cause...yeah! :p lol

9. soujiroseta

<has some of the worst tasting crisps ever, but likes them>
    my friend'll kill me if he ever sees this but while we were hiding behind a corner he got the sudden urge to...go bare skin on us. his excuse was"he cant see us if we're not wearing any clothes"??????:confused:

10. Torana

erm...............I want my teddy bear! <cries>

11. Montag

Montag New Member

This thread made me put my glass of scotch in the fridge for later... I'm on medication too, and I almost forgot I'm not supposed to drink.

I can wait til tomorrow I guess. St Patricks day after all, we gotta have a drink!

12. Torana

well there is my good deed for the day then :)

13. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

crap. posted in the wrong thread. and why is it that people think it's funny to get totally blind? why do people need alcahol to have a good time ro to 'relax'????? i duno. just that I'm not that much of a drinker. Um. I think The human mind is a powerful thing. Imagination. I used to go to teh bathroom late at night and my room was at one end of the house and the bathroom at the other end and though my house wasn't big, I had to go past the dining room and the kitchen and the dining room's curtains barely covered the big glass doors and there wasn't a curtain on the kitchen window. So I had to scurry past with my head down or fixed on the otherside of the kitchen that lead to the laundry/bathroom area. I hated the thought of what was out there loking at me. and thoughts of nasty aliens or zombies or monsters were going to crash through the glass doors or the windows to attack me. Erk. Now I hate being on my own at night. I hate it. Even when I am awake when my partner goes to work, I have to close the bedroom door and I sit there freaking out until I go to sleep again.

14. Montag

Montag New Member

I never get blind drunk, it's too pointless and compromising. And like you said, you shouldn't need to drink to relax. All my family are heavy drinkers and I stay away from them for that reason. However, I like to have a drink on weekends, especially a nice sunday afternoon like yesterday.

Anyway, I know what you mean about the windows, because all you can see is your own reflection, which is kinda creepy, someone could be out there staring in. The other thing I hate is closed shower curtains, when I'm not in there. If I walk past the bathroom, and the curtain is closed, I have to go in there and open it. Probably due to some creepy horror fill I watched once.

Just try thinking logically about it, it helps.

15. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

have you considered going on the wagon?

not to mention keeping friends [and yourself] out of your parents' room!?

16. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

huh???

17. Torana

maia it's hard to explain really. My parents are the kind of parents that honestly don't mind people going into their room, whether they are there or not. They say straight out that they have nothing to hide, so there is no point stopping people going in there if they need something that is in there.

My friend is basically part of the furniture around here. SHe doesn't knock when she shows up, just walks in and makes herself at home. It's how things have always been around my parents house. My friend is much smaller than I am and my mom has stated to her anytime she is here and needs something to wear, to go in and help herself to anything needed. My parents are pretty laid back in that area.

As for the other night and the drinking. We all need to literally just go wild sometimes and let our hair down. I'd not done that in a long time and I enjoyed myself. I don't need alcohol to have a good time at all. But I do on the occassion drink, though that was the first time in quite some time I had been that intoxicated. I don't care what people think of me for that, I don't think any less of myself or getting drunk and enjoying myself and that is all that matters.

18. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Lmao... silly Torana... setting a poor example for all us younger members there :p

Hehe... I would have loved to have seen you two :D

19. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Although I don't agree with getting wasted, as long as your kids aren't around, Torana--your parents had them or they were out of the house--it's a personal choice that doesn't in the short term affect anyone.

Terry

20. Torana

Thank you Terry and no they weren't present. Although I had not set out to get wasted at all...

21. soujiroseta

yeah right!:p viva la revolution. we must live in a world where our parents get more wasted than us:D....seriously though i have always tried to tell those younger than me that drinking doesn't mean you have to get drunk.

i have friends who see no point in drinking unless you get drunk, and then i have those who just enjoy the taste of alcohol and then there's me who just enjoys the sitting on the drunk/sober fence. i remember once i got really really smashed and there was a girl i thought i was in love with. bad mix!

you've probably guessed it by now that i confessed. in front of 100+ people i confessed to the most popular girl in school that i loved her and she made a fool of me. single most embarrassing moment of my life + i didnt have a rock then:)

22. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

buga.

hm. I like to have a drink. But I don't drink all the time. When you find yourself reaching for a bottle 24/7 you have a problem. I had an alcaholic partner. Not a nice guy but I pity him because he seemed to use alcahol as a way to deal with problems instead of facing up to them and fixing them.

So yeah, I don't think much of people that are constantly drunk and bragging about being drunk. Besides- how boring! Being drunk evey weekend? Oooh how exciting, pencil me in and call me the jolly rodger.