Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Supporter Contributor

Health Care Discrimination

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by A.M.P., Dec 9, 2014.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/michigan-house-passes-bill-allowing-health-care-discrimination-against-lgbt-grounds-313518

Like... isn't their job, that they have regardless of sex, orientations, religion, and whatnot, to help people or serve people because that's what they're paid to do?

If employees begin to discriminate like that, wouldn't it be the same as the company/government they get paid by saying that it's ok?

I understand they may not agree with certain aspects of modern culture but health care is given to anyone regardless of anything so they should give it regardless of anything as that's what they're paid to do and what they decided to do with their lives.

It's just F'ed up... it's like saying the white supremacist EMS doesn't have to treat blacks and Asians.. wtf.

Fitzroy Zeph likes this.
  2. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributing Member Contributor

AMP, I have to agree it is a major step backwards in human relations.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Perhaps the state supreme court or SCOTUS will overturn it. I can't recall what happened with the refusal to make gay wedding cakes. Obviously Hobby Lobby decision went the wrong way.

4. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Supporter Contributor

I'm sure it'll be overturned, even if it doesn't, I'm sure it'll be one of those things no one aknowledges even exists.
    It would be hard to prove in court after someone died that you are highly religious and even then not get somehow charged or just shamed and fired for being bad press...

5. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributing Member Contributor

Unfortunately, the fact that it's in front of the main law making people in that state doesn't speak well about them.

6. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Contributing Member Contributor

It seems to me that it's not about protecting individual religious freedom, rather it's about enabling religious groups to inflict their religious views on others. And, in this case, the others are people who are disadvantaged by being in need of medical assistance.

It raises the spectre of a Jehovah's Witness getting a job as manager of a blood transfusion unit. That would get rid of the need to promote blood-donorship!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.