1. J Faceless

J Faceless Active Member

Default Introduction

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by J Faceless, Jul 10, 2014.

Hey everyone, I'm really excited to be here. I stumbled upon the sight and it was just love at first click. So naturally after the internal debate of feasible sunset strolls on a beach with a website I decided to join. I've been writing in secret for a long time (meaning I would wear a disguise and only with a flashlight in a top secret location.) Right now I'm working on the second draft for my first novel. I've started probably like thirty novels never finishing one until now. I've done short stories, micro-fiction and a script for a play.

I'm from Boston, I've lived here my whole life. Yes I have an accent, but we have great sports teams so I have that going for me. Whenever I go somewhere else the slight culture changes always shock me. Like people say hello when they walk by you in the street, its just incredible.

I hop around genres even dabbling in non fiction. I really enjoy writing fiction though with paranormal or apocalyptic settings. I love science fiction and mysteries too. I tend to include some sort of criminal element in the story as well (have to use that criminal justice degree for something.) I've been keeping a great pace slamming out that 2,000+ word a day. That can be short stories or the novel, that can be the sequel too.
    I'm really happy for the opportunity to be here and can't wait for the experience.

2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Well welcome to the board! I'm finally the first to greet someone. Make sure to stick your toe in the water around the whole board including some of our various contests! Don't worry, we don't charge for exclamation points!

PS. I see a face. :wtf:

Andrae Smith likes this.
  3. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @J Faceless, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide, participate, and have fun!

Writing in disguise, eh? Never tried that before, but it might help me sneak past some tough spots in my stories. Maybe I'll give it a try! (For some reason I remember the old Goon Show radio episode: "Quick! We'll use these master disguises! This lead beard for you, and I'll just strap these plastic ears around my waist ... there! Now they'll never recognize us!" :rofl: )

4. J Faceless

J Faceless Active Member

Hey thanks for the intro! I'll definitely check out those contest. Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the goon squad show but sounds like my type of comedy.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

The Goon Show was a radio show in the UK back in the 1950s. It was a huge influence on Monty Python.

6. Amanda_Geisler

Amanda_Geisler Senior Member

Wow, 2,000 words is a lot to write every day, I average out at about 1,000 words, but if I have a good day I can write 10,000 words a bad day usually only gives me about 200 words.
    Finishing the first novel is the hard part, I just finished my first in May but it hasn't been polished or anything yet because I've been working on the sequel. I have found it a lot easier to write and finish things after finishing that first book, nothing is better then the satisfaction of finishing something.

Welcome to the forums
    If you love writing you will fit in just fine
    Amanda