1. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper New Member

Hello All and greetings from Canada.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Stormtrooper, Nov 23, 2015.

Hello All: I am not a writer, but I have always wanted to do some writing. I am at the point where I think I have something to write about and want to explore this new world. My subject matter is nothing earth shattering or important, but rather an expression of a love of a hobby and pastime of mine. Not sure yet, if that is sappy and the bane of experienced writers, to hear something like that, but I am going to attempt my project, if for nothing else, myself. Where it goes from there, doesn't really matter, and I guess time will tell if it was worth writing about. This is something completely new for me, and so begins my journey. I am in eastern Ontario, Canada. Cheers :)

2. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

I think most writers here, the ones who have completed a novel, are happy to hear that you aren't too serious about jumping in. There's absolutely nothing wrong with treating writing as a pastime or hobby -- this site is not that hardcore. May the Cornwall-Renfrew-Kingston force be with you.

Stormtrooper likes this.
  3. BayView

BayView Contributing Member Contributor

Greetings from central Ontario!

I think you're on the right track with the "if for nothing else, myself" idea. Publication is a fun game, but when it comes down to it, write for yourself and you'll always win.

Stormtrooper likes this.
  4. Sevenski

Sevenski Member

Imo, you have the right attitude. The greatest reward in writing is expressing yourself with words. Just go for it and have fun. And more than a journey, it's an amazing adventure while you work on your skills. It just keeps getting better.
    Welcome to the forum, btw.

Stormtrooper likes this.