1. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

Greetings

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Fitzroy Zeph, Nov 8, 2013.

A quick hello from me to you. I'm sure you'll quickly figure out that writing is not my day job and may never be, but it has an appeal I can't describe. I find myself typing little stories or looking over a book on grammar, when I should be, "doing something productive." My old Grade 10, 11, 12 English teacher, the same man, a writer at heart, is likely rolling over in his grave as I type, never seeing me serious about language in all those years. How things change. Here's to the word.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Fitzroy Zeph. :)

No need to describe the appeal. It has no name, yet all of us here know it well. You are in good company. ;)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Fitzroy. You poor man, the same English teacher 3 years running? :)

4. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

Thanks for the greeting. And no, I believe it was the English teacher that got the short end on that deal.
    :p

5. L.T.

L.T. New Member

Welcome to the Forum. Looking forward to reading some of your short stories on here should you post them later. I think a first-class writer has to start with a desire to write and not write out of necessity. It sounds like you are off to a good start.

Fitzroy Zeph likes this.