1. HopingAgain

HopingAgain Member

Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by HopingAgain, Aug 23, 2014.

I am sort of new. I was a member about 10 years ago (If I am remembering correctly), but stopped writing for one reason or another. I forgot the password, so here I am with a new persona. The bug has bitten me again and now I'm 20k words into another novel with dozens of new ideas swarming for attention, but this time I intend to finish what I start. At least 30k words more, a rewrite or two and I can figure out which idea needs my attention next.

This time also, I am determined not just to scratch words on a page, but to get better, to make more artful scratches on the page. I am splitting my free time between writing, reading good books, and reading about writing. In this last category I've read "The Way of Story" by Catherine Ann Jones, I am in the middle of John Gardner's "The Art of Fiction," and next up is King's "On Writing." Any further suggestions would be kind of you to share. I am also curious about texts that would help me in grammar and style.

Hopefully, I will find my time more productive this go round and maybe I can be helpful as well. Thank you all for sharing your time and making this an active forum.

2. HopingAgain

HopingAgain Member

After some research it appears that it only seems like 10 years ago, it was actually closer to 5. Oops.

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Since a lot has changed the last you were here, please take a look our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you re-started. :)

Good to hear you're back to writing, and congratulations for getting a novel manuscript going! :)

See you around!

-Kat