1. Deloctyte

Deloctyte Member

Hey there, I'm Deloctyte!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Deloctyte, May 3, 2015.

Many blessings to all on this forum, and may your loins be full of fruit!

I'm Deloctyte, I'm from Hungary, and I've been scribbling ever since I was able to grasp the concept of the narrative. As a shameless nerd of quite gargantuan proportions (I grew up with Lord of the Rings in one hand and Warcraft 2 in the other), I've been immersed in fiction all my life. I've dabbled in all sorts of things, but books have always been the cornerstone of my life. So I decided to write one.

Now that I've completed the umpteenth revision on the poor bastard, and having only been able to get it test-read by about three people, it has occured to me that perhaps writing in a vacuum isn't the best way to go about things at this point. Time to socialize a bit! And, while the local writing scene isn't exactly a wasteland, most people around here aren't exactly the masters of the English language.

My purpose right now is to get my book and query into a publishable state, while meeting some fresh and interesting people around the world. I'm a firm believer that even the worst story idea can be the seed of a good one with enough work and effort, and that is just what I want to apply to my works as well as anyone else's who's interested in the opinion of some stranger on the internet! :D

As I haven't published anything proper as of yet, I can only point to my other works, like the (rather tiny and neglected for a year) youtube channel of "Series Squared" and a few board games that are on the print-on-demand platform of TheGameCrafter. I wrote a few short stories for the Blizzard Entertainment competitions as well as a few generic ones in hungarian, but nothing that's worthwhile to point out.

So, yes, that's me in a nutshell so far! Hey there, and I hope to see you out there in the forums!

2. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

3. TheWingedFox

TheWingedFox Banned

Szia! My loins are often full of fruit..I should use a bib. :)

Welcome, and hope your work progresses to fruition. ;)

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum -- and yay for nerd-dom! :D

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started. Since you mentioned you don't want to write in a vacuum, you're probably interested in our Workshop, so make sure to read its requirements, and it's not a bad idea to answer to these 7 questions either -- great tips for the workshop. ;)

Explore, make friends, and have fun!

-Kat

5. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome! :)

6. Deloctyte

Deloctyte Member

Thank you for the warm welcome and the links! I shall definitely have a gander! :D

7. Hwaigon

Hwaigon Senior Member

Second to the right, and straight on till morning.
    Be greeted.

8. molliemoogle

molliemoogle Member

Welcome to the groups.

Warcraft 2 and LotR? Nerd-heaven there. :D

9. Deloctyte

Deloctyte Member

You'd think, but it had it's drawbacks. For one, I was constantly confused why the orcs in LotR were never described as the hulking 7 foot tall muscle-bound green monstrosities I knew they were, and I pretty much imagined the Nazgul as WC2 death-knights on horses with wings at first.

Ah, the good old days.