1. elusive

elusive New Member

Hi

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elusive, Oct 18, 2007.

Hello,

I am 22 years old. I currently live in South Korea with my husband and my three pets. I'm what my friends call a reluctant writer. I am a fairly new writer and I'm not very sure about my "voice" yet. I decided to join this forum to try to find one, or atleast to find topics to write about. I'm terrible at editing and format and I'm trying to work on that. I have a bunch of peices of stories that I started and haven't finished yet and I work on a million things at one time. I'm not writing to get published, it's really just a hobby of mine. I also enjoy eating foods from all over the world and I'll pretty much try anything once.

2. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Hi Elusive :)

Welcome to the Writing Forums, I'm fairly new myself.

What pets do you own?

I look forward to seeing some of your work.

3. elusive

elusive New Member

I own 2 cats and a dog. I used to own a ferret but I was unable to bring him with me, so my sister is taking care of him for me. :)

4. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Well make yourself feel home elusive, we're all helpers of one another when it comes to writing. I'm sure if you talk and write with writers of all calibers, you'll open up and decide to write more often. And if all goes well, you might as well decide to get yourself published. So ask for help if needed and enjoy your time here.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello elusive, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room on this site, therefore, is a true workshop, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work. See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there! Welcome to the forums, I hope you're settling in alright and making new friends. Good luck with your writing :)

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Hey there, welcome to the site. I am Heather and can always been found around here somewhere. If you ever need anything reviewing, need a little help or just want a chat then send a PM my way and I’ll be more then happy to help.
    Heather

8. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

I've been neglecting my welcoming duties - apolgies and belated welcomes to you. Hope to see you around the site soon. Great to have you here.

Be sure to check out and enter out writing contests - the more the merrier, follow the link below for more info:

Weekly Writing Group - Writing Forums

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope that your time here with all of us is enjoyable and that you find the information around the place to be most helpful with your writing endeavors.
    I hope that you take the time to take a look and join in on the weekly poetry and/or short story contests. They can be quite enjoyable.
    Well if you would ever like a review simply send me a PM and I will try and give a helpful review of your work.
    WF has become home to many wonderful writers and their amazing work and has now become a very close community and I do hope that you decide to stick around and be a part of our growing community for years to come.
    See you around the boards.
    Torana