1. rainer_

rainer_ New Member

Hello, Cleveland

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rainer_, May 25, 2015.

Hello everyone. I'm an aspiring author from the UK, mostly drawn to horror / crime / mystery genres. I used to post on this site in 2010, but I can't access my password or previous email address like some kind of fool.

I'm a man, 27 and - sorry ladies - but I'm in a relationship, so it's going to have to be your place ;) I mostly prefer shorter fiction. My biggest inspirations are Clive Barker's early stuff and Thomas Ligotti's short stories. I love anything with awesome characters or concepts, not just literature. I love TV, film, anime and video games.

The biggest problem I have with writing is that I'm never satisfied with what I've done, especially if it's only short. I always go back and change it in the hope of making it better, but there comes a point when you're just making it different; not better, and that's something I hate.

Other than horror stuff I also write for a comedy website. It's mostly stupid articles about the size of my balls and how rubbish I am in bed (not awful, but still pretty bad) but that's just something which I use to practice writing and structure.

Hope to speak to all of you soon!

2. Anna100

Anna100 Active Member

Welcome back ;)

3. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Welcome back to the forum, rainer_!

In case something has changed since 2010, here's a link to the New Member Guide, which holds the forum's rules and other general info.

Have fun! :)

4. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

Hi @rainer_ a charming intro, but to be expected (your quote on the 'favourite character' board is one of my favourites!)
    Looking forward to more of your awesomeness :)