1. Relegan

Relegan New Member

Hello everybody!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Relegan, Jun 7, 2014.

Hi there!

I discovered this forum after many researches. Indeed, I really wanted to find a forum where I could post my writes because I want to improve my English. And my dream is to come in UK to live and work. Yes, I'm not an English speaker: I'm French. But unfortunately, I think I was born in the wrong country. I have fallen in love with English culture, language and so on. And more I discover about this, more I want to go in UK! So, I'm here to improve my English and to discover more about English literary culture. I hope I'll be able to post a short story that I wrote a few time ago for my French lesson (so it will be a translation...). I hope it will be appreciated!
    In music, I like Alestorm, DragonForce, Rhapsody of Fire and Metal in general (but something where there is music and not voices which scream like animals) and I really like Celtic music.

So this is it. I think I've no more to say about me :$ See you later!

PS: Sorry for my mistakes! Do not hesitate to correct me!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hello Relegan, and welcome to the forum. :)

Please check out our New Member Guide for starters.

This forum is certainly a good place for both improving your English and learning more about writing. The requirements for posting your own work for critique can be found in the guide. :)

English isn't my first language either, so I know where you're coming from. Incidentally, I've been studying French for a couple of years now :). I think it helps with my writing to know more than one language, actually, as funny as that may sound.

Anyway, have fun and see you around!

-Kat

3. Relegan

Relegan New Member

Thank you!

Indeed, I think it's useful to know more than the own native language, just for the culture and so on. But if I want to be bilingual in English/French it's because I want to be writer in English. So I have to improve myself... and faster!