1. Alice R.

Alice R. New Member

Hello everyone and best regards from Eastern Europe! ...or, from Russia with love! ; )

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Alice R., Feb 21, 2016.

Hello everyone and best regards from Eastern Europe! ...or, from Russia with love! ; )

First of all, english is not my native language. Now that we got that out of the way, a little about myself. As you might have already guessed I am located in Eastern Europe. My name is Alice (like in Charles Dodgson's book he penned under the name of Lewis Carroll) and I am currently employed in an automotive factory, which takes most of my time, and especially energy. I have 5 years since I write, but I have never published anything so far, not even one "tiny" short story. I consider myself realistic and I do not dream of landing a big, fat contract from a known publisher. I realize that despite all the effort and time I have invested so far into writing, I have neither the talent, nor the time and energy to become a great writer, perhaps not even one able to get into the middle layer. But that doesn't mean I am going to give up on writing. I like what I do and I plan to write the stories I have never read.
    So far, I have written only short stories and novellas. It seems I am simply not capable of writing a full length novel, not even a tiny one of 40 thousands words. Despite of taking up one of the NaNoWriMo's challenges in the past, I was not capable of meeting the minimum quota.
    What I intend to do is to take a volume approach on Amazon KDP, now that they started to pay through EFT.
    Why I am here, you might wonder. Well, that's simple to explain. To learn more about writing, to offer and receive constructive critique and to learn everything there is to be learnt about self-publishing on KDP, about how to make an effective release and campaign, about how to make the most out of my works, about how to acquire and maintain a following on Facebook and other social media, about the best and most effective ways to advertise myself and my works and perhaps even create a brand for myself.
    That being said, I hope you will bear with the fact that english is not my native language and that errors will appear in my messages from time to time. They have the nasty habit of always finding a way to creep into my messages, no matter how careful I am. But, it's only human after all. Mistakes will be made...
    Nice to meet you all and thank you for accepting me! : )

Best regards!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hello neighbor! Welcome to the forum. :)

I too am all too familiar with the uncertainty of did-I-just-make-a-grammar-error, being a non-native speaker as well. :) But don't worry, we all make mistakes. If not grammarwise, it's probably going to be something else. :D

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat