1. Time_Froze

Time_Froze New Member

Hello Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Time_Froze, Jun 20, 2008.

I've been around for a few days now, but I still thought that I should officially post in this forum, seeing as how I am still a new member and all. So here it goes:

Well first off, I enjoy writing stories, and reading other people's stories. Right now I am working on two stories that are about 10,000 words each. I try to use a distinct technique in my stories. Mainly, I incorporate a lot of dialogue and humor into my tales. An amateur, I still have a lot to learn about writing, especially in the area of creating realistic descriptions. I hope to learn a lot by reading other people's works.

That's all for now,

Derek

2. Samswriting

Samswriting New Member

allo and nice to see another newcomer :)

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Derek, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Posting your own work should not be the very first thing you do here. It is really worthwhile to see what other people have done to improve their writing, and see if some of it applies to your writing as well. That is part of why we require members to review other members' work before posting their own for review. On the other hand, there are no restrictions, other than content and copyright rules, on showcasing your work in your member blog.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well, and be sure to read through the forum rules, too, to avoid any misunderstandings or hurt feelings. Respect for one another is our principal mandate.

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

4. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hi and welcome.

5. ChimmyBear

ChimmyBear Writing for the love of it. Contributor

Hi.... welcome to the Forums!!!

6. Lucy E.

Lucy E. Active Member

Hi! Welcome to WF!
    PM me if you need anything. :)

7. Torana