1. mongoose

mongoose New Member

Greetings!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mongoose, Dec 23, 2013.

My name is Matthew Hutchinson. I was born in September, 1971. I've been married since October, 1994, and am child-free by choice; neither my wife nor I like kids, too much responsibility. I'm a Customer Service Rep for a retail credit card bank. My wife has been permanently disabled and bedridden for the last 10 years.

When I'm not earning a paycheck, I spend most of my free time at home with my wife. I also love going to the movies, and usually see one every week or two with a High School buddy of mine.

Growing up, I developed a strong affinity for English. I love words, and enjoy reading. I also have a vivid, overactive imagination. As a teenager, I dabbled in creative writing, but didn't do much with it. I wrote a handful of poems and a short story by the time I was 21, but have never been published.

I recently took stock of my life, and decided I don't want to find myself looking back another 20 years from now, wondering, "What if?" I have too many ideas to explore, too many stories I'd rather tell than let continue floating in my mind, even if I never get published.

I want to be a writer.

To that end, I cleaned out my Den, bought a new laptop that's not connected to the net, and a copy of the Home & Student edition of WordPerfect X6. I also wanted to join an active, online community of writers to interact with, and found this site last night. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Nyghtfall

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    jannert likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Nyghtfall. :)

You've joined during the holidays so the forum traffic may seem a tad slow, especially today of all days. It gets quite a bit busier. :) I hope the holiday finds you well and sound.

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

3. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Yes, welcome! It's a great forum, and I'm sure you'll fit in very quickly. As Wrey said, get yourself established as per the rules, and prepare to dig in. Writing is the MOST fun you'll ever have sitting down, I can assure you. And you've got the right stuff ...computer, wordprocessor, stories and imagination. Go for it, and enjoy the holidays, whatever it is you do.

4. Fitzroy Zeph

Fitzroy Zeph Contributor Contributor

Hi. This place is a lot of fun, too much so sometimes. I'm making a New Years resolution to only come visiting a few times a week, and staying on topic when I 'm here.

5. mongoose

mongoose New Member

Thank you for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

I've read the rules and FAQ, and am ready to dive in.