1. koxeida

koxeida New Member

Greeting from Singapore!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by koxeida, Feb 25, 2014.

Hello everyone, this is gonna be a pretty long introduction so bear with me for a while!

I was a dreamer who loved imagining fantasy worlds, chasing after the wings of mythical creatures and conjuring up intricate magic spells that would blow the entire world into oblivion. Well, that was the past me. For now, I'm turning 21 pretty soon (yay!), and I've come to a depressing conclusion that I have pretty much become uninspiring adult (nay!)

I graduated Junior college here at 19 and for the past 2 years I've been doing my time in National Service. Aside from the glory and the stinks that I've gone through, the horrifying thing was that I've become so dull in my thinking and writing. Believe me, I took a pretty long time to write down this introduction. Gone are the days where I could write hundreds and thousands of words without a care in the world, and could keep on turning my ideas into breathing words that I could feel.

You see, I don't want the past 20 years of my life gone to waste: I've studied philosophy in my junior college days; read up on quantum physics and relativity, sociology, psychology, religion -- you name it; spent the entire afternoon immersing myself in fictions. Of course, I did my fair share of fun teenage stuff with my friends as well. I gamed alot -- I still am an avid gamer. I dabbled in drawing for a couple of weeks but gave up because I didn't have much talent in it. I also enjoy reading manga and watching anime.

So.

I basically come here to get inspired, and to get back the joy of doing something that I enjoyed back then. After reading through a couple of my past writings these few days, I just have this nagging desire to write again. And voila, I found this forum by chance. Going through the workshop has been a blast -- I see so much passion and creativity pouring out from every last one of you! You guys are so matured in your thinking, yet still retain the imaginative power of a child. I want to grasp it!

I'll be seeing you guys around and hope to make friends here. My time in National Service is ending in the next 2 weeks (just nice I can post in workshop here!), and I have around 6 months before I go to university, so I'll be pretty much active around here.

Well, let me in on your fun! :D

2. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hi Koxeida! Welcome to the Group. This site is definitely inspiring for a writer, and encouraging and fun and...
    I could go on and on. :)
    Looking forward to seeing your work, when you can post it!

3. koxeida

koxeida New Member

Haha thanks! I've already started on a short story but my writing skill has gotten pretty rusty. It's rough!

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun! :D

Wrey