1. ChloeALR

ChloeALR New Member

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChloeALR, Mar 17, 2014.

Hello everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Chloe. I am 16 year old from sunny - haha - England. I have been writing since I was very little... 8 or 9 maybe. I love to write sad stories and I want to be a journalist or a published author. I am here to learn. And make friends who's work I can read and who can read my work. :)

2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Hi, Chloe. Welcome to the forum.

I'm just across the way in Belfast... looks like it's about to rain cats and dogs here. (Surprise, surprise!) ;)

3. ChloeALR

ChloeALR New Member

Oh yes. I am very familiar with that feeling. It's been an alright day here today, actually.

4. MattTalent

MattTalent New Member

Congrats on wanting to be an author, Chloe! I am writing a story of my own (you can read the outline here: https://www.writingforums.org/threads/how-do-i-write-about-multi-day-events-such-as-going-to-school-every-day.131386/#post-1209779 ), and there is a war between humans and robots. I want to incorporate a part where the main character's best friend dies in combat, but I don't know how to convey that sense of hopelessness and despair (it's really rare that I get sad), but of course I want the feeling to come from within otherwise it won't seem genuine and believable to my readers. I'm not sure exactly how experienced you are with writing sad stories, but I was just wanting some suggestions and tips if at all possible. And what are your stories like most of the time? (I know they're mostly sad, but what genre would they be in? For instance, mine are mostly action.)

ChloeALR likes this.
  5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, Chloe, and welcome to the forum! Please read the rules, participate, and have fun. This is a great writing community!

6. Michael Collins

Michael Collins Senior Member

Hi Chloe, welcome.

7. ChloeALR

ChloeALR New Member

Thank you everyone :)

MattTalent likes this.
  8. ChloeALR

ChloeALR New Member

My stories are mostly sort of... hmm... Teen I guess. Comedy. And sadness. It's hard to put them in genre. Kind of like The Fault In Our Stars, if you've read that. :)

MattTalent likes this.