1. stevenchapmanwriter

stevenchapmanwriter New Member

Oh, the horror!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stevenchapmanwriter, Apr 14, 2014.

I'm Steven, born and bred in Leeds (hence an accent that would make Hovis proud). I'm a horror/thriller writer but swerve into sci-fi quite regularly. I've had a few short stories published and a couple of articles in 'Writing Magazine' (well, second will be published Septemberish).

I'm a Structural Engineer by day, which means I'm usually vegging in front of dual screens working on my novels...I mean...erm...hard at work designing/drawing things.

My favourite writing claim to fame was going for a meal with Ramsey Campbell and others after meeting and chatting (read - squeaking like an idiot) to Joe Hill at a signing/talk. Non-horror writers might not be as thrilled as me with that story.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Steven, and welcome to the forum :)
    That's awesome you've had your writing published! And yeah, many of us lead dubious double-lives, the writer and the non-writer clashing ;)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

Have fun!

-Kat