1. Novalee Phoenix

Novalee Phoenix New Member

Hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Novalee Phoenix, Jul 28, 2014.

Hey everyone! New here, obviously. You can call me Nova. I am big on fantasy, and my first book is guess what, fantasy! I like pretty much anything creative, love watching movies, TV, reading and writing. Music too. I am not particularly good at drawing or anything, but it's still fun. I also am a fan of video games, Lego games mainly, and I very much enjoy Guild Wars 2, though haven't played in about a month. I love animals, I have three. Two kitties and a puppy. They are honestly my favorites, wouldn't trade them for anything. Check out my profile for other information if you dare lol.
    I joined this site because I'm hoping to make friends with other people who enjoy some of the same things. Friends who I can bounce ideas off of, get inspiration from just talking to them (not that I'd steal your ideas of course, I just meant that some people help inspire you just by being themselves), and just chat with. I might eventually share bits of my writing to friends but I want to build trust first.
    Um, anyway, hope to chat with some of you guys soon! Message me or reply to this thread and I will give you brownies! Unless I eat them all first...

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi Nova. Welcome to the forum. I love brownies, but I'm uh, on a diet. :)

Novalee Phoenix likes this.
  3. Selbbin

Selbbin The Moderating Cat Staff Contributor Contest Winner 2023

Feel free to share your work, even in private with people you trust. It's a good opportunity to gain confidence in your writing, and yourself. Criticism can often be harsh and discouraging, so learning to accept negative reactions and how to learn from it is, in my view, critical. And have fun in the critique section reading other people's work. There's a whole mixed bag of styles and quality in there from abysmal to amazing.

Novalee Phoenix likes this.
  4. Novalee Phoenix

Thanks for the welcome and the advice! :D

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Novalee Phoenix, and welcome to the forum! Please read the New Member Quick Start Guide if you haven't already. It'll get you going around here.

If you want to meet people interested in writing, you've come to the right place. And if fantasy is your thing, you'll see that tons of our members are working on fantasy novels, so you'll fit right in. Participate and have fun!

6. Zelg

Zelg New Member

Welcome to the forum, Nova. :)

I hope you have fun participating. And if fantasy is your thing, don't worry, there's plenty of people here who share your same tastes. :D

7. Novalee Phoenix

Thanks for the welcome! Hoping to fit in, make some friends on here