1. Trev_Star

Trev_Star Member

Hello from DC!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Trev_Star, Mar 11, 2015.

Hello all,

Current English teacher and fiction enthusiast here. I do a fair amount of writing for sports websites, blogs, etc. but wanted to work on my fiction as well. Figured this is a great place to dip my toes in the water and get some feedback. Looking forward to learning a lot!

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Trev_Star, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start Guide - it'll get you going around here.

You want to work on your fiction? You've come to the right place. What kind of fiction do you like writing most?

You'll find we have several other English teachers here. You'll fit right in, I'm sure. Participate and have fun! :)

3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Trev_Star,

I'm also an English teacher! Glad you joined us and hope we cross paths a bit here on the forum!

Terry

4. Trev_Star

Trev_Star Member

Thanks, all. I haven't really thrown myself in to writing anything past a few very short stories. Typically though, I'm inspired by some historical/fantasy setting or other. I'm hoping to learn some ways to carry that beyond a 4-5 page narrative.

Terry, random question based on your avatar: Any chance the TW in your name stands for "Total War?" My current piece is inspired by the recent Total War: Attila release. Would be awesome to meet a fellow enthusiast who could give it a read.

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.