1. santiago

santiago New Member

hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by santiago, Mar 9, 2016.

Is there any co-author who feels like to write a beautiful artful tale with me?

kalulu likes this.
  2. kalulu

kalulu New Member

Oh! Hello! How are You? :)
    Welcome here! I'm new too..... I haven't posted anything yet - was waiting for the "right" moment I guess.... I have never really co-authored yet (not properly!) BUT it is something that interests me and I believe I would give it a shot ... Do you already know what You want to write about or is that sill open for discussion? Have You already started writing "something", or is this a blank sheet? Either way - I am looking forward to an interesting conversation with You and yet again WELCOME! Nice to have You here....
    Kind regards,
    kalulu

3. santiago

santiago New Member

Hello kalulu! :)

I didn't expect to receive an answer as soon. Incredible! I have not written yet at all. I allways hated writing up to now. (Is that the right comment forum for such a comment???) But since about a few months I realized how beautiful it can be. The only thing I have is an idea. How this tale could be. But really only a vague idea. I have no experience in writing. And I need a very good co-author by my side. How about you? What experience do you have? Even if they are very little, tell me, please.

Thanks for this nice answer. I'm really happy to receive it. And you're the first. On the one hand I would like to get you to know before we so start such a big project. On the other hand it might be a sign that you're the first to answer and we should start immediately, hahahaha. Please forgive me my enthusiam. What do you think about it?

Best wishes,
    Santiago

kalulu likes this.
  4. santiago

santiago New Member

Little correction: (Is this the right place for such a comment?)

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, santiago. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started around here. Nice to see you've already found someone who'd be interested in collaborating with you. If you have any questions about writing, feel free to browse the forum or start your own thread if you can't find the answer.

Have fun. :)

-Kat

6. kalulu

kalulu New Member

Hello santiago,
    WOW - I too did not expect such a quick response from Your side :) So I too am positively surprised. Speaking of signs - it's funny how You mention that... Your name is what caught my attention - it sounded so familiar - it reminded me of a shepherd boy that I once met on the pages of a certain book, and his name stayed in my memory, and today as I browsed the new members introductions I saw Your name and decided to respond. Sorry - does this sound too much for You? I don't want You to think that I am somehow spooky because I paid attention to a small detail.... it just felt like a "sign" at that moment. I will gladly tell You of the experience (or the lack of thereof) that I have and lets see if we feel good about working together somehow.
    Does that sound like a plan? :)
    Looking forward to getting toknow You!
    Best regards,
    kalulu

7. santiago

santiago New Member

Hello kalulu,
    You really seem to be as funny as your name sounds. You also seem to be very well-read if you immediately recognize such little details and if they imply a sign for you. Maybe you have little experience with writing but more experience with reading? Is that right? I don’t know the book you are speaking about. Is it a good book? I have chosen the name Santiago because the project will be a long and difficult pilgrimage with serious trials to pass, OMG! hahaha. This is how I feel about it. But now I would simply like to try it out. What do you think about that?

Best wishes,

santiago

8. kalulu

kalulu New Member

Hello again Santiago! Aha! So THAT is where the name comes from - very interesting. Well I do believe that writing a book is always in a way a pilgrimage - it must be quite a challenging task - that is how I imagine it. And therefore, I find it interesting to share this experience with co-author - one can learn a lot form the other person, one shares the good things but also the hard moments. For now, for me, all that counts is simply gaining this experience. I have a feeling I have come to a point where I can finally start "letting it out" and it would be a shame if I didn't use this moment wisely - I wouldn't want to later regret not having tried, do You know what I mean?

Thank you, btw, for Your compliments. Yes the book is a good book, a special book. Special because it for some reason needs to be read atthe right moment and only then does everything in it make sense. Although, in a way, every book (in order to have the right effect) needs to be read at the right moment... or how do You see this subject? Or maybe all of this is imply random and there is not much "higher" sense to it at all?
    hmm... sorry, got carried away there with my thoughts :)

So, concluding, I too believe have come to a moment where I want to "try it out" and see where this journey takes me to...

Kind regards,
    kalulu

PS - why do You find my name funny? do you by any chance know what it means? ;-)

9. santiago

santiago New Member

Hi Kat!
    Thank you for your welcome. It's crazy! Yesterday I logged in and you're already the second person who responded to my request. Here it seems very quickly to contact each other, it's great!
    As you know I'm looking for a co-author for writing a book. I'm doing this for the first time and don't how to manage it the best way. Maybe you can give some advice?

10. santiago

santiago New Member

Hello kalulu,

The meaning of "kalulu"? No idea. Does it really has a meaning?

Concerning writing: I can understand you very well. For me it’s very similar. Your sentence here sounds very interesting, where you say as co-author you can learn very much of one another much. I haven’t seen this yet. But of course you're right. How does my co-autor understand my idea, what does my idea trigger in him and will he write a text I never expected? Very exciting and yet verydangerous at the same time. I mean will we understand each other? Or will the story take a totally different way, which doesn’t fit to my imagination? Many questions. I know. But I think they are important, especially at the beginning. And you say "I have come to a point where I can finally start" letting it out ", also very interesting, don’t you think. Soundsas if you hadthe needof write something else yourself?!?!? Maybe something more important than our cooperation? You should think about it.

The book you talked about: Do you read it now at the moment? Are you just in one of those “right moments for it”? I only would like to know what kind of books you like. Only to find out your literary taste. Maybe you tell me the name of this book? Maybe I know it?

Anyway, you're very involved, straight and you seem to be very motivated. That’s really great. And your thoughts are very interesting too. Thank you.

Santiago

11. kalulu

kalulu New Member

Hello Santiago,

"kalulu" does have a meaning indeed. It's an African word, from a dialect called Chichewa and means hare or rabbit. Indeed quite a funny creature - both of them are :)

"How does my co-author understand my idea, what does my idea trigger in him and will he write a text I never expected?" - yes well that is the THING about collaborations - they are always a little bit of an adventure, a roller-coaster ride in a way, things develop, I would imagine the book in this case develops a bit differently then when one does it on his or her own. And yet isn't that what makes the idea of collaboration so special - not knowing EXACTLY how it will develop - a special kind of mixture of two different types of energies that learn to live along and with each other. But You must be aware of this in a way since You expressed interest in co-authoring - the idea must have come to You for some reason?

Yes, the "letting out" part - that has already begun in my case (I have "some sort of" materials to back this up with) and yet I have noticed that there is much chaos in my "letting out" and I would be grateful for a partner that is structured, more structured than I am, one that can appreciate a wilder energy like mine and is not afraid of it and is maybe willing to tame it in a way. I am for sure looking for mutual inspiring. That is a must in such a collaboration. What do You think about that?

Reg. the book: strangely enough I had THAT very book in my hands last night, I started reading it again, and therefore the memory of the name "Santiago" is very fresh in my mind...
    I will share the name of the book I am reading in a private conversation - if You wish to engage in such a conversation with me? :)

This spot here was meant as an introduction panel and as it looks we have both introduced ourselves (through Your introduction!) and have laid out what it is that we are interested in.

As the saying goes: "Strike while the iron is hot" - in this way I wish to go back to Your second message here:
    "On the other hand it might be a sign that you're the first to answer and we should start immediately, hahahaha. Please forgive me my enthusiam. What do you think about it?"
    I think one must listen to the Heart - as it knows best :) I share Your enthusiasm and am willing to take a leap of faith and find out more about what exactly interests You - hear about Your "general idea" and see if we can find common grounds to work on.

One last thing - I have a "thing" for numbers and I just coincidentally noticed the time stamp on Your first message here,look for Yourself:
    "Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by santiago, Today at 1:11 AM."

Three 1-s in a row.... 3 is a charm - and all 1-s showing a new start. And since I am the one to have noticed this... well... lets consider it a "very random coincidence", ok? :) And lets just smile as we think of this random coincidence :)

I look forward to continuing our conversation,
    Warm regards,
    kalulu