1. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ZoeyGirl, Apr 25, 2016.

Hello everyone!

I am so very new to this so it might take me a while to "warm up," but I am excited to be a part of your group!

Currently, I am a few chapters away (from what I can tell now) from finishing my first Young Adult novel - the first novel I've ever written. Prior to this, I had mostly written poetry for myself, although I did earn some minor recognition for it back in high school. I honestly didn't consider myself a writer when I was younger, even though I received encouragement through my high school and college teachers. I ended up going in different directions in life but never really felt "complete." When I finally figured out what was missing, I didn't have much trouble coming up with the idea for my novel, and I started writing again. Now I want to get it finished, and I want to get it published.

This is the first time I have reached out to other writers to learn more about the craft, to help support others, and to be supported, and I am looking forward to learning from all of you! Thank you!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the site, Zoey. And congrats on being so close to finishing your novel. That's quite an accomplishment. I hope you enjoy your time here!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Thank you so much!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)

Congratulations for making it so far with your novel! That's no small feat. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you officially started around here. See you around!

-Kat

5. DeadMoon

DeadMoon Contributing Member Contributor

Welcome, I also went other directions in my life other then writing but I did read throughout all those years. Good luck with your finishing novel and everything that comes after it.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  6. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Thank you so much!

7. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Thank you so much! Yes! Exactly! I never stopped reading either. I had that moment where I looked back trying to remember what I truly loved doing, and it was always reading and working everything out in creative writing. (I could never keep a journal for some strange reason!)

8. Darkbynight

Darkbynight Member

Welcome to the site, and well done, for being so close to finishing your first novel!
    Do you find it challenging to write a novel with such young characters as your first?
    I am writing a New Adult novel and I find it quite a challenge even though I'm not that much older.

Anyway, I hope to see you around. :)

9. IlaridaArch

IlaridaArch Active Member

Welcome to WF. :)

10. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Thank you! I am not gonna lie - I needed to look up the definition of New Adult novel to have a better understanding. Before I started my current novel, I actually started writing a story that would have fit perfectly into that genre. But that was a few years ago, and I was not familiar with the New Adult category. How is your novel going? That genre would be totally up my alley!

I am finding that I enjoy writing with younger characters. Personally, I enjoy the teenage crowd. (I used to be a high school teacher). I find that group of people fascinating, and I feel like I can understand them. Teaching that group probably helped, and I do turn back to my high school teaching experience as I am working with the drama of the characters. Thanks for touching base. I would love to hear more about your writing and what you would like to do with it!

11. ZoeyGirl

ZoeyGirl New Member

Thank you so much!