1. Anhaga

Anhaga New Member

Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Anhaga, Jul 9, 2016.

I'm Anhaga/Annie--use either, I'll respond to both, since one is my usual use-name in real life, and the other's an online moniker I've been using for a solid decade and a half. I'm a dabbler when it comes to writing my own stuff--I've all sorts of interesting ideas for an alt-reality fantasy due to an unhealthy interest in folklore and mythology--but actually make the bulk of my living teaching literature and composition at the college level. This means that I already spend a lot of time talking to other people about writing; I anticipate this forum being rather more fun, though, since no one is being required to get critiques here, and because no one is assigning grades!

In my off time, I spend an unhealthy amount of time trying to prevent my three boys (all under the age of 7, so not yet having reached the age of reason by the standards of medieval Europe) from terrorizing one another. Occasionally I'm able to do some writing, read a book or two, or play a bit on my harp or violin without being harassed, and sometimes my husband and I are even able to break out the tabletop games that used to be one of our main leisure activities. I'm really looking forward to all of the boys getting old enough to read, at which point we're going to start them on pen-and-paper role playing games.

Literarily, my main love is fantasy, particularly historical fantasy and alt-reality fantasy, but I tend to read a fairly wide range of all fiction when I have access to a decent library. Writing-wise, I've pretty much always stuck to writing fantasy, though I will admit to not yet having tried my hand at anything else.

Felix-Gallus and bonijean2 like this.
  2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Welcome!
    Who doesn't love folklore and mythology? :-D
    Hope you have a great time here!

3. Anhaga

Anhaga New Member

Thanks! And inowrite? Except my husband, who's also a medieval lit scholar like me, barely knows any mythology . . . somehow he escaped that obsession. I tend to gather all sorts of folklore and mythology just to expand my understanding of what's possible in the human mind.

4. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

Hi, @Anhaga, and welcome to the forum! Please read our New Member Quick Start - it'll get you going around here. Participate and have fun!

By the way, three boys under seven? How do you find time to breathe? :)