1. UndergoingMitosis

UndergoingMitosis New Member

That post you write when you join a forum...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by UndergoingMitosis, Oct 5, 2011.

Introductions are good!

I'm currently doing the college thing (and taking a little more time at it than is strictly necessary). I've been writing fiction for a what sometimes feels like forever, even though I can distinctly remember the day I first put pen to paper and wrote something all my own. For my ten-year-old self, those first few clumsily composed pages were a great act of courage--I'm not sure if anyone else felt that way the first time they wrote fiction, but until that point, writing was for me something done by greater men and women than myself. I was a mere mortal, and books were written by gods. Most of the mystique is gone now, but sometimes if I turn my head sideways and don't think about it too hard, I still forget that even my favorite authors are just people who have a particularly time consuming and wonderful hobby/profession.

Anyway, I've decided to put writing higher up in my list of priorities (in front of reading web comics and probably also laundry) so I can finally bang out at least a first draft of a genuine novel instead of quitting at about the 80 page mark like I usually do. Hopefully this forum will be a good place for me to get advice and such when I feel stuck. See you around the forums!

2. Kash

Kash New Member

Good luck Undergoing! I've found that working on the writing angle, I seem to be more discerning with what I read and perhaps a lot less tolerant. And I'm surprised by some of the stuff that's published, and well rated even! :)

Looking forward to working with you!
    K.

3. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Welcome!

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Welcome to the forums!

5. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.