1. Jamie Senopole

Jamie Senopole Member

Hello, everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Jamie Senopole, Jul 6, 2012.

Hello! My name is Jamie and I am brand new! I am new at writing too! I have spent almost two years, working on a novel series (plus a prologue series, whatever you would call that).

I have researched mythologies, histories, cultures, folklore, and read a ton of books in the fantasy/paranormal genre which includes some YA romance. Please add me if you work on the same genre! I like writing about different mythologies, as well as vampires, shape shifters, faeries, elves, etc!

I have read and practiced from so many books on character development, plot development, etc. but I know I have a lot to learn. I am currently finishing an outline for my first book and would love to see what people think of it eventually! :redface:

2. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

Welcome here, Jamie! You're going to love this place. :)

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Jamie!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirments. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself, Cogito, Lemex and Dante Dases) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

4. Jamie Senopole

Jamie Senopole Member

Hey, got a question:

What is the album in my profile for? Is it for pictures? I tried looking at others' profiles to see if they had anything in their albums but I haven't seen anything. Thanks!

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Yes, it's a photo album.

6. Vanlande

Vanlande New Member

Hi Jamie!
    I'm new here as well. I write a lot of fantasy, sci-fi, paranormal stuff to, so maybe we can do some collaboration or something. I love meeting new, like-minded people! I'll shoot you an add!

Ryan

7. Jamie Senopole

Jamie Senopole Member

Hey Ryan!
    That's so great. I'd love to hear about some of the stuff you've written. I'm still working on my first novel. I've been doing years of research because I'm such a perfectionist I want everything just right! :p I just added you so hit me up sometime when you're on.