1. logon1

logon1 New Member

Newbie from the UK..

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by logon1, Apr 23, 2013.

Hello all, I started writing in the mid eighties for a lurcher club magazine, I then graduated to telling part of my (fieldsports) life's interest in about a thousand word kind of short episodes.
    I find writing very easy and can sometimes see the letters, words, sentences and paragraphs in front of me, all perfectly spelled and punctuated! I simply copy it all out. (As I am this)
    Although I have about eighty four articles of about a thousand words each and black and white images published, I haven't written much for the magazines lately, having run out of steam a bit, I have reverted to reading and re-living old diaries, for fresh ideas.
    I try to write about what I have personally experienced, but have found myself drifting or waffling and am wondering about trying to do some short stories or perhaps one day, a short novel.
    My only outlet at the moment is on different forums, original stuff I have put on the 'net is now in the public domain I understand, so I cannot profit by it now.
    I like to put a bit of myself down and do sometimes go off the deep end a bit, but I am encouraged by some nice comments, I have a sense of humour, I'd say!
    Any helpful ideas are welcome!
    Logon1

2. Edward M. Grant

Edward M. Grant Contributor Contributor

Things you've posted on the Net don't become public domain unless you make them so. If you posted stories there you've probably lost first publication rights, but that's less important for novels than short stories and you can still self-publish short stories even if a magazine won't take them for that reason.

3. logon1

logon1 New Member

Sorry that I didn't make it clear that I write mostly magazine articles.
    Thank you for putting me right on the internet stuff,D