1. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

Hello everyone...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ladyphilosophy, May 14, 2013.

I didn't see this topic section for introducing oneself at first. I have already made quite a few posts but thought I'd backtrack and introduce myself :)

I'm Evie, I'm 18 and will be leaving school in just a few short weeks, after which I hope to begin a novel which I will work on throughout the next fifteen months or so as I take a gap year before university. I hope my experiences travelling and volunteering abroad will inspire me, and I hope I can use this time out productively before going back to studying.

Thus far I am glad I joined this site, it looks a very prolific environment :)

2. Rebel Yellow

Rebel Yellow Active Member

Welcome aboard Evie. :) I'm sure you will not regret joining this community. What kind of novel do you intend to write?

3. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

Ooh I'm not even sure if it fits a particular genre - Human interest I suppose, something half-autobiographical, half-fiction. Definitely literary, thought-provoking, maybe even comical...I have no idea how it will turn out, to be honest.

4. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 Contributing Member

Welcome to the site Lady.

5. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

Hello Milady. You mentioned travelling and being abroad; where have you been to ?
    Usually I only read/write Sci-fi or fantasy, so don't hesitate to point me to your story for critique. Lords know I could use some mind-opener readings.

6. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

Thanks for the warm welcome messages :)

Nowhere yet :( My life at the moment is a stagnant pond filled with little other than philosophy/ethics textbooks, past exam papers and many many KitKat Chunkies in the sixth form study area. After school I'm taking a big trip on my gap year starting in October, until early May next year. I will be visiting India-Sri Lanka-Thailand-Cambodia-Vietnam-Australia-Fiji- and maybe China on the way back, hopefully will fill me to the brim with inspiration and allow time and freedom to write :D (although I don't know, maybe I will be too busy experiencing exciting experiences) I'm very much looking forward to it.

I will do :)

7. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

I'm liking this. Could I suggest that everyone address me this way?

8. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Anyone who likes philosophy is automatically one of my favorite forum members. :)

Welcome to the forums!

9. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

You should try :)
    And, Lady, I'm from Thailand originally, so, yeah, give that place a visit !! And get loads of Thai food in the process too :)

10. blackstar21595

blackstar21595 Contributing Member

Whenever I address someone who uses a username, I always do it by the coolest word/phrase in the name. Oddly enough, everyone calls me BlackStar instead of black. lmao

11. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

Philosophy is the greatest joy in life! I'm so glad to meet anyone who shares this enthusiasm :)

PS If you are familar with Boethius, I feature in his famous work, The Consolation of Philosophy. I'm the one guiding him towards enlightenment ;)

I am very much looking forward to my month in Thailand. And I love all Asian food, but Thai seems to be the most mouth-watering of all. I will stuff my face :D

12. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I've heard of Boethius but have never read any of his work. I'll have to check him out.

13. ladyphilosophy

ladyphilosophy Member

Not saying its the greatest work ever written or anything, I just got very excited when I read Lady Philosophy, like "OH MY GOD THAT IS ME!!!" and now I believe in reincarnation* :)

*Well, not really.

14. PyrZern

PyrZern Member

I see BlackStar and I think of my fav sci-fi TV show; Babylon 5 right away :p
    But yeah, I usually do the same thing.
    Also, I do ballroom dancing a lot, and so referring to a lady as 'a lady' is just a habit now. And it sounds cool and polite and unique and awesome :p

15. Trilby

Trilby Contributing Member Contributor

Hi there Evie, enjoy your trip - if don't find time to write that novel at least make notes for when you do have the time. Welcome aboard!