1. Tears

Tears New Member

Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tears, Jan 25, 2008.

Hello, Alrighty i suppose i better introduce myself. My name is Laura Elizabeth Lily Ann Wood, yea i know long name. Anyway, i am 18 years old and from Wisconsin. I am a single mother right now but still have an amazing rep despite all the bad crap going on in life, long story.
    I stumbled across this forum in one of my classes yesterday. I have always had a nack for writing and proof reading peoples work, although my grammar and writing is not the best i still wish to become better. So thats mainly why i joined this forum.
    If anyone has helpful hints please let me know. I truely just want to better my writing and maybe even make a few new friends along the way. Thank you and have a great day.

-Laura

2. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hiya there, Laura. Welcome to WF.org.

If you've want to improve your writing skills, then you've come to the right place. This forum is totally fabulous. You can post your stories for a review and you can also review other people's work. You can find information about publishers and how to get published, and if you're having problems with your plot, then you can ask the forum member's for help - there's a whole section for that. And these are just a few of the many advantages. If too much writing and reviewing is getting you stressed, you can hang out in the lounge to talk about various topics or just chat with the friendliest people you can find.

And there is simply no snag about this at all. As you have seen, joining is perfectly free(though you can be a paying supporter) and fun!

So i hope you stick around here and post your work - you'll get fabulous critiques by our reviewers.

And here ends my short welcome.

3. Shreyass

Shreyass New Member

Short welcome indeed Hulk :p Hey, and welcome to WF.org. You're going to get brutally honest reviews here, so be prepared. :D

4. Tears

Tears New Member

Lol i am sure i'll live on the brutel part. :p i am not one bit conserned about that. Well thank you and i'll start posting my work up here throughtout the next couple days.

-Laura

5. Shinn

Shinn Banned

Hi Laura and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you'll enjoy being here.

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Laura, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

Are you sure you want to post your full name? You're allowed, of course, but a little caution is never a bad idea.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

7. Tears

Tears New Member

Yes i am aware of that already.I have talked to some of the many people here like lessa and Tor. about what to do. I do check all the areas of this **** and have been reading through others work as well. Thanks for the heads up on the name thing although i am not to conserned since my uncle is a cop and aunts a lawyer i am not do worried about it but thanks anyway. I will be around here a long time though..writing has always been a thing of mine.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Welcome to WF.org I hope that you have a most wonderful and pleasant time here with all of us.
    Torana