Tags:
  1. Kratos

Kratos New Member

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kratos, Apr 19, 2008.

Hey. I'm an avid reader and aspiring writer looking for a good writing forum, which is why I came here. I'm a huge fan of fantasy, with my favorite series being:
    Lord of the Rings, A Song of Ice and Fire, Wheel of Time, Harry Potter, The Death Gate Cycle, Dragonlance

I'm in High School now, and I want to hone my writing skills for college, where I want to major in Writing/Journalism.

So....hey.:cool:

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Kratos, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, you should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners. Remember to check out our FAQ as well!

As for the Review Room, new joiners often wonder why we do things a bit differently on this site than on other writing sites. We emphasize reviewing as a critical writing skill. Training your eye by reviewing other people's work helps you improve your own writing even before you present it for others to see. Therefore, we ask members to review other people's writing before posting work of their own. The Review Room forums on this site, therefore, are true workshops, not just a bulletin board for displaying your work (and on that note, please only post each item for review in one Review Room forum). See this post, Why Write Reviews Before Posting My Work? for more information.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

3. Quills By Pen

Quills By Pen Active Member

:waves hello::

Welcome aboard the writing forum.
    You will enjoy its offerings.

Quills
    :

4. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Hey :)

5. Hulk

Hulk Banned

Hey, Kratos. Welcome to WF.org.

6. Neha

Neha Beyond Infinity. Contributor

hey there...........:D

7. Titania

Titania New Member

Hello and welcome :) There are quite a few other high school students here, myself included... and as a fellow fantasy fan, I look forward to reading what you post. Hope you enjoy it here!

8. Anthony James Barnett

Anthony James Barnett New Member

Hi there, welcome aboard. May your stay be long and fruitful

9. Kratos

Kratos New Member

In which a prodigal member returns after nearly 3 years

Hello everybody, I was once an active member of this site back in 2009 to early 2010, but then life got in the way and I stopped writing for a long time. I was in my early years of high school when I was on this forum, and now I'm nearly done my freshman year of college. I've changed drastically since then and might go so far as to say I've become quite a different person, but I've rekindled my love for writing. I don't know how active I'll be here, but I thought I'd just drop by and re-introduce myself. I might have some comments to make and some pieces to share, maybe some criticism to give. I'll see what happens.

Anyway, glad to be back :cool: