1. Marle

Marle New Member

It Is Never Too Late!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Marle, Sep 19, 2014.

I flunked English and Grammar, how I managed to graduate from high school was a testament to my ability to cheat or charm my way through. Please don't be too harsh and judgmental as I am now at age 57 working hard on changing my ways and tying to improve my writing skills. I suffered from a brain injury acquired during my infancy which left me severely dyslexic and cognitively deficient...........but the good side is my creativity was never effected. When I don't think too hard about things..........stories have a way of finding a place on paper before me. With my previously neglected but new found desire for self improvement I am now hoping to grow and become a better writer. I am thinking this creative writing forum will a great way to start. I am not thin skinned so please do not hesitate to offer constructive criticism, advise or feed back..........we are all in the same game of life, just different varieties of skills and talents..... some acquired, some worked for, some gifted to us from God.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Marle. :)

Here's the New Member Guide to get you started.

See you around! :)

-Kat

3. Jaro

Jaro Active Member

Welcome @Merle! I look forward to reading your creations :)

4. edamame

edamame Contributor Contributor

@Marle I'm glad you're still challenging yourself. You're an inspiration and welcome!

5. Marle

Marle New Member

Thank you Edamame...............I recently discovered that the word edamame is a recent addition to the Oxford English dictionary in 2003 and the Webster's dictionary in 2008...............after I first heard of them I thought they were a wildly exotic legumes from some remote and unknown area of China, who knew they were baby soybeans?

6. Marle

Marle New Member

Thank you Jaro..............I love your avatar, your daughter is a spitting image of you.

7. Jaro

Jaro Active Member

Haha thanks :)