1. Mallett

Mallett New Member

Hello forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mallett, Oct 12, 2015.

Hi there,

Just signed up here and wanted to say hi. I'm a screenwriter (mostly TV-Pilots and short scripts) from Germany, so I'm not a native english speaker and am always looking for some opinions about correct phrasing.

So far, my first TV-pilot I wrote in english language made it to the semi-finals of the Creative World Awards and got to the 2nd round of PAGE. The whole screenwriting is still quite new to me, I started about a year ago and switched to english language about 6 months ago.

Currently I'm busy with my first attempt of writing a feature. My favourite genres are SciFi, Mystery/Suspense and stories built around conspiracy theories. So said feature is also my first go at a horror story.

In my 'normal' life, I'm running a small software development company here in Germany, which includes a lot of travelling. Mostly I'm working for customers in the production or machinery industry.

If there's anything I forgot which you'd like to know, just ask :)

2. Desttinghim

Desttinghim Member

Ich hei├če Desttinghim? I'm learning German in school, though I'm not particularly good at it.

Welcome to the forum! It's nice to meet you. Good job getting so far in those competitions, though I can't say I'm familiar with them. I look forward to reading some of your work.

3. Mallett

Mallett New Member

Thanks, Destinghim.

It's been like that for me with french back in school. I live like 20 km away from the french border but I was never really good at it. Always liked english more and I still keep learning new things the more I write.

I liked writing in german too, but there's no real market for Scifi/Mystery stories here. Productions here are 90% telenovelas or reality TV, the rest are very few high budget crime/detective series with the same writers writing them for 30 years and longer.