Tags:
  1. Andrew Alexander

Andrew Alexander New Member

A journey to success - andrew alexander

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Andrew Alexander, Oct 12, 2015.

Four years ago, with $250 in my bank account, no job, and $30,000 in student loan debt, I packed my car and drove 2,000 miles across the country with one question in mind:

How do they do it?

Why are some people wildly successful in life, while many of us fee stuck. There has to be something more in life.

In that time, I worked my way inside the inner circles of some of the most successful people on this planet: Multi-millionaires, celebrities, athletes, singers, you name it.

I learned their ways.

Now I'm in the process of writing a book teaching what I learned to others to help people achieve their goals in life.

I'm at the point where I have all the topics I want outlined, and have a "logical" rough draft written which comes out to 700 pages.

I joined this forum to do a follow along to work some creating writing and stories into my facts to make it more engaging.

thelonelyauthorblog likes this.
  2. Desttinghim

Desttinghim New Member

Welcome to the forum! You certainly sound like you've had some interesting experiences. I'm also new here, but from what I've seen, this forum is very good at giving feedback and it is very friendly. I hope you enjoy being here as much as I do.

Andrew Alexander likes this.
  3. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Welcome! Is your book meant to be a financial self-help kind of book, in the style of Rich Dad, Poor Dad or is it meant to be a work of short stories? Basically, how do you plan to transmit your experiences to your readers?

4. Andrew Alexander

Thanks for the replies!

If you've ever read the book "The Game" by Neil Strauss - he goes with the theme of 'penetrating the secret societies of pickup artists' and then writes the book teaching the readers the lessons he learned along the way, demonstrating that he went from average person to becoming a master pickup artist.

I'm just a regular guy on a journey, working my way into the inner circles of successful people, learning from the best, and surprised how it transformed all areas of my life in the process. The book is me teaching the everyday person what they know.

The target reader of the book is anyone in life who is struggling and feels stuck and dreams of a better future. Similar to Rich Dad, Poor Dad, but beyond the area of finance (this will cover people dreaming of being successful in any area of life). More like Tony Robbins teachings, but with less of a textbook/education-style vibe to it

A lot of the book will be me talking to Emily (an aspiring fitness model) who I am mentoring, and what it takes he for he to make the mental transformation to become successful.

upload_2015-10-12_0-10-12.png

5. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Andrew Alexander!

Welcome to the forum. Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Also, please note that we have a few rules when it comes to posting your own work for critique (only allowed in the workshop), you can find more information about the Writing Workshop here. Please also check out our guidelines here in the Rules section.

Have fun, and see you around!

-Kat

6. Andrew Alexander

Thanks for the welcome! Checking it out now.