1. Daltonia

Daltonia New Member

Hello Forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Daltonia, Mar 12, 2016.

I joined this forum literally this afternoon, and I felt that I ought to introduced myself before I posted anything. My name (as you might have gathered) isn't actually Daltonia.

I'm a high-school student from London, England who only really got into creative writing in the last year or so. I ended up here because I reading a thread about creative writing on another forum and someone said that if you're serious, you should probably join a forum about creative writing. I have only written a couple of short stories (both in the alternate history genre), and I'm into realistic fiction (fantasy has never really done anything for me) and find myself very attracted to contemporary political thrillers and the like.

Wish me luck on the whole writing thing.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Daltonia, and welcome to the forum!

Alternate history sounds interesting. What time period? :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start Guide to get you officially started. Hope to see you around. :)

-Kat

3. Daltonia

Daltonia New Member

Thanks

Both short stories are set in the 1990s, involving real life people doing fictional things. I posted them over of AlternateHistory.com.

4. JLT

JLT Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site! But you've dealt me a grievous blow by referring to the 1990s as "historical." For me, they were just yesterday! (I was born just after World War Two.)