1. Mars

Mars New Member

Hello, Friends.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mars, Mar 6, 2016.

I'm Mars, and years after having lost a passion for both writing and reading, decided to buy some nice journals. They came in the mail yesterday, so I guess it's time to put them to good use. I plan for my first project to be a short story (10k - 20k) about lesbian vampires in Southern America, which should be pretty fun.

It's nice to meet all of you!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Mars!

Welcome to the forum. :) Your story sounds like fun. Is there a specific reason for your location of choice (Southern America), like is there some vampire lore in the area that inspired the story?

Oh, and here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. Make sure to give it a read. :)
    See you around!

-Kat

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

Only problem is; that sounds like true blood. Have you been watching that show? I'd be suspicious of the quality of anything immediately similar to fiction you have been watching/reading. I've had a lot of thoughts that I realized weren't anything of their own merit that generated from watching/reading things. They tended to be unoriginal and/or too weird. Idk if my experience is representative though. :confused:

4. Mars

Mars New Member

Huh, I've never watched True Blood actually. I knew it was about vampires, but nothing more than that. Unlucky coincidence, I guess.

I chose Southern America because that's where immigration and crime rates are highest. :p

5. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

It might be fine. Idk. It was just my thoughts. Actually, I'd say the vampires in modern America sometimes with same-sex stuff thing has been overdone recently. There's The Vampire Diaries and True Blood and Vampire Academy and Twilight. And then there's the Anime one as well, can't remember the name, and more. I'd maybe stay away from that genre, especially for a debut. People will be suspicious of potential crappy teen stuff because a lot of teens are in love with that genre and all the recycled versions of it. And a trending genre is boring to read because it all becomes more familiar.