1. ManyGoblins

ManyGoblins New Member

Hey all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ManyGoblins, Dec 5, 2015.

So...*clears throat* Hi. I'm new and...erm. I know I ought to be better at this, but writing from my own point of view is hard >.>.
    But hey, I'm an aspiring fantasy/sci-fi writer from Scotland. Been writing in some form or another since I was 6 or 7. I'm going to quickly throw in the qualifier here that I'm not actually saying it was any good, in fact, they were probably a bit shit, but that's not the point; I've always wanted to tell stories.
    It's why, now that I'm done with uni, tabletop roleplaying(well, a virtual tabletop anyhows) has become my top social activity. Just something about weaving in a communal story in a social setting, coupled with the gamer in me can't help but want to blend those things together. Oh yeah, my degree is in Games Design, but I realised in year 3 of 4 that the games industry is awful.
    I have 3 pet snakes and a wee one-eyed frog, and they're all my babies and I will defend my babies from any and all criticism. >.>. I'm also fairly sure it's why my family rarely visit, but aw well.
    Other things about me? I found this place via google, but it's been a while since I've been part of an online community, but hey, who knows, it could be just what I need. I've been suffering a bought of low motivation lately, if I'm perfectly honest, and I suspect that having a community where I can discuss my art with others who share my passion will help with that.

So I hope everyone is well =)

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

Welcome,

3. ManyGoblins

ManyGoblins New Member

...now I'm just trying to figure out if that's a truncated post. You can't just leave a comma and a blank space. What next I ask, what next!?
    Welll anyway. Hi.

4. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

The blank space is due to a little boy who refuses to admit it's bed time. :)

5. ManyGoblins

ManyGoblins New Member

Hehe, that's entirely fair. It's approaching 5am where I am...but I keep odd hours I guess.

6. Lightstorm24

Lightstorm24 New Member

Welcome!

That's quite an introduction :) I totally get it about the gamer side. I think the gamer inside me is what got me to start writing, the whole fantasy setting in the games that I played. I'm a total fantasy nut, especially in my writing. But good on you for the degree, I always wanted one of those lol.

And don't worry, the motivation lack things hits all of us :)
    And I may have already said it..but welcome!

7. ManyGoblins

ManyGoblins New Member

Hehe, that sounds cool ^^. About being a fantasy nut, since I can identify closely with that.
    Thank you for the kind welcome =). I got a bit done earlier today, so I suppose that's something. Nothing substantial though.

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum.

The short story contest needs more votes and I'm trying to help it grow. Want to immerse yourself in this forum? Don't be shy. Become a voter in the short story contest. Get started on the right foot. Make someone's day and vote for their story. The link is in my sig. :agreed:

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015