1. elynne

elynne Active Member

I joined in 2011 and this is my first post!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elynne, Aug 20, 2014.

I'm not sure why I joined and never posted, though I vaguely remember that maybe there wasn't a fanfiction area at that point, and I was mostly writing fanfic. regardless, I'm posting and planning on getting active now because I'm about to take a three-month (Sept-Oct-Nov) sabbatical from work to write. I plan to work on my ongoing fanfics, sign up and write for Textbroker, and attempt NaNoWriMo again (I've already won it once! over a decade ago).

I don't have any particular goals--get something published, complete a novel, finish a fanfic series--although I'm hoping to accomplish at least one of those. mostly, this is an experiment to see whether I really am as productive as I believe I can be when I don't have to worry about working 40 hours a week.

right now, I'm chomping at the bit to get reviews for a new fanfic I just started a couple of days ago, so I'm likely to jump in and start reviewing right away. so--hi! I'm sort of new! I've been writing (mostly fiction, a little poetry) since I was old enough to reliably make coherent words. I've tried to stop writing a couple of times, for various reasons, and it didn't work. so I figure it's time to try giving all my attention to it and see what happens.

also--could someone show/explain to me how to add an embedded link? using plain HTML doesn't seem to work, and I'm not familiar enough with BBcode to figure it out...

minstrel and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to your posting experience.
    Code:
    [url=copy the link]name the link[/url]
    Or you can just post the link and the forum code itself will add the
    Code:
    [url]link address[/url]

3. elynne

elynne Active Member

thank you! perfect! ... hmm. I can't add a link to my signature. is that something I have to write x posts or be active for y amount of time before I can?

4. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Elynne, and welcome... back, I suppose? :) I love your avatar!

You can include two external links to your avatar. There's more information here in our general Rules section.

You can find more on the ins and outs of the forum here. If you're planning to post something to the workshop, make sure to check out the requirements first (I think you already have!).

Have fun!

-Kat

5. elynne

elynne Active Member

thank you! I'm currently in the middle of re-reading Watership Down yet again; it's been my touchstone book all my life. :)

I tried putting the link in my sig, but when I try to save it I get an error message that says "Your signature may only have 0 link(s)." it works properly in the preview. :( grah.

yah--I remember being enthusiastic about the requirements when I first joined. I'm even more interested now, and looking forward to doing some reviews! :)

6. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Not enough posts, it seems. You are still in the New Member user group, so you have to climb up -- or become a Supporter which allows you to bypass most requirements, including the workshop.

7. elynne

elynne Active Member

ah, that would explain it! thank you--it's good to at least understand why it's happening, and that it's not a bug of some kind. ;) and now I can do Research! :D