1. MariaMaria

MariaMaria New Member

Hello from the vikings and northern lights.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MariaMaria, Jun 8, 2016.

Hey guys. New member here and wanted to just leave a footprint.
    I'm in my 30's, from Norway and currently working on a YA/sports-story. I seem to be inspired since the words are just racking up these days!
    I've never been a part of a forum like this before. I wish I had in my "younger" days when I started writing (late 1990's). Hopefully I might find some motivation and help over here for when I get stuck. I've looked around a bit and it looks really promising! (That's just really my way of saying you guys seem to know a lot about writing and support for fellow writers!)

See you around I guess :)

2. Cave Troll

Cave Troll Bite the bullet, do your own thing. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    Writing, is that what the kids are calling it these days? In my day we called it typewriter torture. :supergrin: (only half a year until 30 myself)

Hello, I hope you find all the people as nice and insightful as so many are. (And there are a few of us oddballs) :superlaugh:

I wish you the best of luck in your writings, and hope you will stick around the forum. :supersmile:

bang-head-on-keyboard.gif~c200.gif

3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Hej MariaMaria! :)

Welcome to WF. Sounds like you'll fit right in! (and I wish I too was from the land of the vikings... sigh.)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around :)

-Kat

4. freya221b

freya221b New Member

Hey MariaMaria, greetings from a fellow Viking! I'm a Californian, but my grandparents were all born in Denmark. (One great-grandmother came from Bergen. :) )I've always wished I could live in Copenhagen. :) I'm working on a YA project, too (historical suspense.) I'd be interested to hear more about your project. Keep in touch if you feel inspired. :) cheers, -freya

5. Kinzvlle

Kinzvlle Active Member

Saw Vikings and just had to click on it. Must be cool having such a rich cultural history with the Vikings and such. I`m from North America, and it`s thought that Leaf Erikson discovered the conteanet before Columbus even if that never lead to anything. I`m not a fan of sports stuff myself but I`m sure you`ll do something amazing with it.