1. xbryboy

xbryboy New Member

Hello humans

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by xbryboy, Mar 22, 2016.

Just registered for this forum. Writing a book and plan to have it done by December.

All of my chapters are laid out with the ideas being in my head. It's already written but just need some help getting my thoughts across and onto paper. I hope you guys can help bring the best out of me with your feedback. I will return the favor and look forward to networking with many of you.

Anything that I need to know about these forums, tips or guidelines ?
    Preferably before I start posting some of my work in hopes of helping complete my book?

2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributor Contributor

3. Simpson17866

Simpson17866 Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the site!

You're going to want to focus on descriptions of your story (plot, characters, setting), not excerpts. A few quotes here and there can't hurt, but posting a large portion of your story online for free makes publishers wary about trying to charge for it.

I've posted a lot about my Doctor Who fanfiction on this site because I'm not trying to make any money off of it, but for my publishable original work (horror short stories) I go to the Collaboration sub-forum and look for Beta readers. Emailing my work to a few people at a time for feedback doesn't hurt my chances of getting published as much as it would if I posted my work directly to the site, and I get to read a lot of other people's work in exchange that they also want feedback for.

4. Rethagos

Rethagos Member

Welcome to the Forum, xbryboy! :)