1. VMLawrence5

VMLawrence5 New Member

Hello everyone:)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by VMLawrence5, Jan 13, 2015.

Hiya!
    I'm a 32 year old FTM who just can't seem to shake the nagging urge to write everything.

When I was a kid I used to keep boxes and boxes of notebooks where I wrote everything from dreams, to stories, to describing the house I lived in, I drew pictures and sang songs. I am a creative at heart and I have a need to create. I am currently working on my two most precious creations (my two kids) but I would like to not lose me in the years that I spend parenting them:)

I have started a blog where I discuss my various writing projects and post as often as I can samples of my writing style. I am determined to become a published Author this year and I am taking steps in that direction. I am willing to learn all I can about the process of writing and am excited to finally be a part of a community:)

can't wait to get started,
    VM

2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Hey there, VM. Welcome to the site! I think you'll find a look of good advice and camaraderie here.

VMLawrence5 likes this.
  3. Chinspinner

Chinspinner Contributor Contributor

I have been trying to replicate a "look of good advice and camaraderie" in the mirror, but I just seem to look pained. Can you explain it?

Also, I am not good with acronyms and had to look FTM up on google (I don't think we use them as much in the UK). It pulled up some interesting results.

Steerpike likes this.
  4. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

Haha. That made for an interesting typo. I meant to say "a lot" instead of "a look," but now I like the mistake better. Doesn't my avatar give the visual impression of good advice and camaraderie?

VMLawrence5 likes this.
  5. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

welcome to the family hope you find what your looking for:)

VMLawrence5 likes this.
  6. VMLawrence5

VMLawrence5 New Member

LOL :) thanks everyone for the warm fuzzy and funny welcome (Steerpike - here's lookin' at you!) FTM means Full Time Mom...at least for me... Since the main thing I do in life right now is wipe butts, comb and braid hair, feed and wash, drive around and launder for my little ruggrats thats my full time gig, my hope and goal is to someday live for myself a little too and finally get something published:) again thanks for the welcome!
    VM

7. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

maybe your lil rugrats will become an inspiration for somthing you eventually get published:)

VMLawrence5 likes this.
  8. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

9. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome. :)

Here's our New Member Guide to get you started.

I wish you luck on your journey! Do you already know what your first possible publication would be about? A novel, short stories, poems...? :)

-Kat