1. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Hello, I'm Back!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Midnight_Adventurer, Jul 27, 2016.

I may as well reintroduce myself, I've been away for so long that so much has changed!
    In fact I think I've done this once before, hahah *sigh*.
    I stopped coming to this site because just like with my writing I lost interest. It's only been lately that I've dusted off my writing folders and FINALLY figured out the password to my account (that was tiresome!)

I write adventure/action stories about ancient cities, the worlds fate held in the balance, insurmountable odds, and a plucky flawed hero. Authors like Matthew Reilly and Andy McDermott inspire me, along with movies like The Mummy, National Treasure & of course the infamous Indiana Jones series (minus crystal skulls, blah!)

I'm older now, and maybe a little wiser, so I hope to become a more active member again and connect with all you inspiring & creative people. I have missed the opportunities to help fellow writers and, in turn, to be supported and guided in the same way. And maybe, just maybe, I might actually finish a story.

If you have any questions or just want to say hi please do so, I'm excited to meet you all and have fun! :)

LinnyV and Oscar Leigh like this.
  2. Oscar Leigh

Oscar Leigh Contributing Member

Welcome to the madhouse! :D
    Don't worry, you're not the only I've seen to have come back and forth here, and I've only been here this year!
    We have lovely new official member's uniforms now;
    Straightjacket for WritingForums.jpg
    I'm told they're very comfy!
    http://www.writingforums.org/threads/new-member-quick-start-guide.132102/.
    Use this to re-familiarize yourself!
    Have a lovely day!:blowkiss::blowkiss:

LinnyV likes this.
  3. LinnyV

LinnyV Contributing Member

Warm welcomes!

Glad to hear you're a returner. I know how you feel having come back to writing/forums myself end of last year after a 5 year break. I'm sure this time around your writing journey will be a better experience.

I highly recommend entering and voting in the WF biweekly competitions: http://www.writingforums.org/writing-contests/

Just from reading what you wrote, you might want to jump right in and do a flash fiction one as warm up to getting back into creative gear.
    ;-)

Have fun and hope to see you post about,

Linny

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  4. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Thanks for the tips Linny! :)

Oscar Leigh and LinnyV like this.