1. Michael Fairbanks

Michael Fairbanks New Member

Hello, I'm Mike

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Michael Fairbanks, Jul 8, 2016.

Hello, I'm Mike. I live in Atlanta and started writing years ago. I primarily write essays and anecdotal pieces here and there, but am currently more than half-way through my first book, Dead Fan.

47, wife and kids, school teacher. Just a regular chap with a few irregular ideas I like to put on paper. I'm also a photographer.

2. A man called Valance

A man called Valance Senior Member

Hello Mike. Welcome to the site.

3. SuperRedPanda

SuperRedPanda New Member

Welcome!!

I'm also new here so I thought I'd say hello :)

4. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hya Mike.
    What's Dead Fan about? The title itself sounds interesting!
    See you around. :)

5. Michael Fairbanks

Michael Fairbanks New Member

It's a nonfictional personal narrative about my three-year experience as a fan of The Walking Dead and my interactions with the actors, hundreds of fans, and a few fan groups. It's meant to be humorous and a bit self-demeaning while also giving the greater fan base a unique look into some of the behind the scenes events. Half of it will also be my photography of the actors and the filming locations. I had a lot of up-close opportunities to do portraits of the actors, and since I live ten minutes from where it's filmed I am able to photograph most of the former locations a week or two after they are finished, depending on how public or private the properties are and whether I can legally gain access to them.

The book does have controversy, which is why I have some questions in other threads pertaining specifically to the book.