1. NobodySpecial

NobodySpecial Contributor Contributor

Here's post number one. or the obligatory new member post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by NobodySpecial, Oct 4, 2015.

Nineteen posts and two critiques to go.

Oddly enough, I actually have read most of the 'new people please read this' material since I signed up a little under a week ago. What I'm looking to do is improve my writing. I write, primarily because I enjoy writing. I never did well in school, I was the original kid teachers always claimed 'Does not apply himself', and they were right.

Thirty some years later times have changed. I'm writing again and out of some strange place came the desire to do it well. I don't know the 'rules', but I'm skimming by, learning as I go. This forum looks to be of more help in that regard, due to the balance of social content Vs. intended purpose, leaning so much more toward the art of writing. I don't seem to have a specific genre as the pieces I'm working on range from murder mysteries to woman's fiction, I write what strikes me.

Though I admit it would be nice, I have no delusions of getting published and becoming the next big writer to sweep the best seller lists. I just want to be better than what I am now. I look forward to pick up what I can and contributing what I have. The first thing I decided to work on is my tendency to skip the capitalization and accurate punctuation that are so emblematic of my lazy ways. So, if you catch me backsliding please, dont be worried about calling me out. You will have to get a whole lot nastier than 'you have misplaced commas' if you want to hurt my feelings.

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Hi, welcome to the forum. :superhello:

3. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

Hey there, and welcome. :)

4. Indigo Sugar

Indigo Sugar Member

Hello & welcome! I am also new!